Contributes to the effort to generate high quality, accurate, and consistent data incorporated into the postings, filings and reports related to Healthcare Professional (HCP) Payment Disclosure including Sunshine Act Reporting and Financial Disclosure. The Manager will also be responsible for reconciling payment and other transfers of value data from various financial and project management systems across the organization, as well as from external third parties.
This position will partner with the Business process owners across the organization to ensure that source systems and Pfizer’s data repository, HCP customer master and other applicable Pfizer systems evolve to meet public disclosure needs. This position is ultimately accountable for ensuring the accompanying standards, processes and data are of high quality to meet the HCP payment disclosure requirements for their assigned areas of responsibility.
The position provides key services in the execution of the operations to support the Transparency initiatives. The Manager must bring a level of rigor and consistency in providing high-level service while ensuring compliance with the established procedures.
The role will partner with the Director/Team Leader to ensure the processes in place are optimal and meet all internal and external reporting obligations for assigned data sources. The position requires a strong commitment to the continuous improvement vision.
The Manager role contains a significant amount of work requiring judgment, decision making, limited oversight and broader knowledge of the organization.
- Implement a consistent approach to reporting HCP Payment data across Sunshine HCP payment disclosure, and Financial Disclosure.
- Conduct the data clarification process across data sources to ensure data integrity including our ability to accurately associate payments with a unique HCP in order to produce accurate and timely financial data required for disclosure.
- Respond to ad hoc requests for clarification, additional information and/or reports regarding HCP payment and grant and contribution funding.
- Partner with the divisional liaisons to clarify data and prepare reports for postings and filings.
- Assist in building core stakeholder standard reports.
- Contribute and adhere to Quality Assurance/Quality Control (QA/QC) data standards.
- Report out on relevant data metrics to monitor compliance in use of proper coding and application functionality as well as data quality.
- Respond to queries from management, business unit leaders, and other stakeholders as needed.
- Participate in Continuous Improvement projects and other system enhancements aimed at improving the quality of the data.
- Assist in periodic audits and inspections by internal audit or external regulators.
- Participate in policy meetings and training on an as-needed basis.
- Work with internal and external stakeholders to develop a strategy for collecting required information for disclosure.
- Develop processes to efficiently capture data
- Managing projects and effectively escalating issues to team leader
- Assist in CMS submission for Sunshine reporting and ensure that all validations are completed for final publishing
- Working closely with legal and compliance on Sunshine interpretation and operationalizing the legal interpretation
- Work on special projects as required by Team Lead
- BA/BS degree required
- Minimum of 3 years of relevant professional experience in the pharmaceutical industry or related field.
- Relevant knowledge in Transparency initiatives including the understanding of HCP Payment Disclosure policies, Affordable Care Act Sunshine provisions, or financial disclosure reporting requirements for pharmaceutical manufacturers
- Strong analytical capabilities combined with superior organizational skills
- Experience and comfortable working in cross-functional and matrix teams
- Demonstrated skills in teamwork and customer focus
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Strong technical skills, including experience/ knowledge of user query tools (Access, Excel), underlying financial & reporting systems ( SAP, Business Objects) and database tools
EEO & Employment Eligibility
Pfizer is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status. Pfizer also complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as work authorization and employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act and IRCA. Pfizer is an E-Verify employer.
Pfizer reports payments and other transfers of value to health care providers as required by federal and state transparency laws and implementing regulations. These laws and regulations require Pfizer to provide government agencies with information such as a health care provider’s name, address and the type of payments or other value received, generally for public disclosure. Subject to further legal review and statutory or regulatory clarification, which Pfizer intends to pursue, reimbursement of recruiting expenses for licensed physicians may constitute a reportable transfer of value under the federal transparency law commonly known as the Sunshine Act. Therefore, if you are a licensed physician who incurs recruiting expenses as a result of interviewing with Pfizer that we pay or reimburse, your name, address and the amount of payments made currently will be reported to the government. If you have questions regarding this matter, please do not hesitate to contact your Talent Acquisition representative.
Other Job Details: