Pfizer’s Centers for Therapeutic Innovation (CTI) is an entrepreneurial group that partners with leading academic medical centers and disease foundations with the aim of translating promising science into clinical candidates. CTI is part of the larger External Science & Innovation (ES&I) team, an externally-focused, global based scientific team of high profile PhDs/MDs driving external partnerships, collaborations, investments and acquisitions across key therapeutic areas. The CTI New York site which contains the research laboratory is located at the Alexandria Center on the east side of Manhattan, close to Pfizer’s World Headquarters.
The CTI-NY Administrative Coordinator has three key areas of accountability -- providing administrative support to the scientific and operations leadership of the site; managing the day-to-day administrative activities of the lab; and partnering with the CTI and ES&I administrative and operations teams in other locations to deliver seamless support of projects, meetings and collaborative efforts, insuring compliance and process is closely followed while delivering successful completion of deliverables.
The Coordinator will be the administrative liaison with the lab site host facility management, supporting and scheduling lab and project team meetings and journal initiatives, coordinating deliveries of lab supplies with the on-site materials lead; streamlining office operations and insuring access and protocol is followed for all guests and visitors, and coordinating extended leadership team meetings and team events. Support for the site leadership encompasses coordinating meetings and managing calendars, preparing agendas, preparing travel and expenses and insuring clear cross-functional communication. Partnering responsibilities include working closely and collaboratively with managers and administrative partners in multiple locations to manage team-wide initiatives and business goals, and building collegial working relationships with all ES&I team members and matrixed teams across Pfizer.
The Administrative Coordinator maintains thorough knowledge of CTI and ES&I team function and remit, nurtures and supports relationships with the R&D research units and business development colleagues, and maintains an excellent working knowledge of all CTI external partners. In addition, the position requires an understanding of the strategic business objectives of Pfizer's Worldwide R&D, ES&I and CTI global and regional organizations. The Coordinator will prioritize, coordinate, and partner with ES&I team to execute and accomplish business objectives productively. This is an excellent opportunity for an administrator or assistant with high level skills who wants to assume more responsibilities and increase learning in scientific operations.
In addition, the successful candidate will demonstrate
- Consistent, professional, pro-active support for the team including attention to detail; comfort with change, evolution and a fluid work environment; and top level skills in information management
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Active management of all assigned projects, implementing innovative alternatives to ensure the achievement of desired outcomes;
- Adherence to all Pfizer SOPs for compliance, legal and business process with particular attention to CTI compliance and processes and HCP guidelines.
- Excellent knowledge of and skills with specific and commonly used Office software (e.g., MS Office, Excel, Power Point) and ability to develop expert knowledge of Pfizer specific processes (e.g., T&E, SAP, SharePoint, Kairos and other Pfizer IT platforms, etc.); Keeps current on all trainings and upgrades
- Appropriate discretion in the management of information and manages confidential Pfizer information in a professional manner.
- Models Pfizer Values and Leader Behaviors and OWN IT culture
- Associate's Degree or Bachelor’s Degree with 5+ years of Senior level administrative experience required
- Excellent skills required in electronic management of records, communications, planning, time management and follow up.
- Bachelor's Degree with experience in either medical, science or pharmaceutical experience is preferred
Other Job Details:
- Last Date to Apply for Job: July 24, 2018
- Additional Location Information: New York City, NY
- Eligible for Employee Referral Bonus: Yes
EEO & Employment Eligibility
Pfizer is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status. Pfizer also complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as work authorization and employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act and IRCA. Pfizer is an E-Verify employer.
Pfizer reports payments and other transfers of value to health care providers as required by federal and state transparency laws and implementing regulations. These laws and regulations require Pfizer to provide government agencies with information such as a health care provider’s name, address and the type of payments or other value received, generally for public disclosure. Subject to further legal review and statutory or regulatory clarification, which Pfizer intends to pursue, reimbursement of recruiting expenses for licensed physicians may constitute a reportable transfer of value under the federal transparency law commonly known as the Sunshine Act. Therefore, if you are a licensed physician who incurs recruiting expenses as a result of interviewing with Pfizer that we pay or reimburse, your name, address and the amount of payments made currently will be reported to the government. If you have questions regarding this matter, please do not hesitate to contact your Talent Acquisition representative.