The Software Engineer Intern will support Software Engineers in the development, verification, and maintenance of software in Primary Flight, Engine, Mission, Navigation and Multifunction displays. The Software Engineer Intern will work under the supervision of Software Engineering Managers and other experienced Software Engineers and will engage in all phases of software development.
- Participate in software development activities including requirement specification, design definition, and code implementation.
- Perform software verification activities including test definition, test execution, and review of software life cycle artifacts.
- Integrate and debug executable code on avionics hardware platforms.
- Generate software life cycle documentation in support of the pursuit of formal certification of avionics software with the FAA and foreign certification authorities.
- Strong programming skills in C/C++
- Fluent in the use of Microsoft Office tools.
- Must be permanently eligible to work in the United States without sponsorship
- Must be available to work 40 hours per week during summer break.
- Must have reliable transportation to and from work
- Currently pursuing a Bachelor's/Master's degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Software Engineering or Computer Engineering from Arizona State University, Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University, DePaul University (PHX) or University of Arizona
- Minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0/4.0
- Working knowledge of software concepts, practices & procedures.
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment.
- Experience in software debugging and troubleshooting.
- Capable of working independently with limited oversight from Senior Engineers.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Experience with Python scripting preferred.
- Available for (possible) part-time internship work during the school year (10-15 hours/week).
Phoenix, Arizona, United States
We are an equal opportunity employer. Employment selection and related decisions are made without regard to sex, race, age, disability, religion, national origin, color or any other protected class