- The ideal candidate is a proactive, independent and self-motivated administrative professional that contributes high-quality results coupled with wider business process thinking, planning and input, based on advance knowledge of the business. The candidate must be able to prioritize and work independently while utilizing an extended network to answer questions outside of areas of expertise. The ability to identify problems and relevant issues in ambiguous situations and to handle multiple demands and priorities simultaneously are key competencies.
- Schedules and coordinates multi-level / cross functional, asset / project team meetings and logistics (e.g. video, and teleconferences; uses meeting room scheduling systems)
- Creates agendas, schedules appointments and issues meeting minutes when appropriate or as requested
- Handles highly confidential materials (e.g. new product information) on a regular basis
Scheduling / Travel Arrangements:
- Proactively coordinates and maintains individual and team calendars for assigned team members using initiative to ensure schedule is accurate and manageable
- Makes travel arrangements for the assigned team members
- Coordinates with administrative support to assist when traveling to other Pfizer offices to secure office space and security clearance at those sites.
- Prepares expense reports for approval and ensures expenses are filed correctly and comply with Pfizer Corporate Travel & Expense policy. Reconcile statements against actual travel expenses.
- Uses own judgment to make decisions, within scope of responsibilities. Handles complex non-routine issues on a periodic basis with minimal direction
- Handles a variety of issues and problems with limited supervision and finds innovative ways to overcome obstacles and improve operations which impact completion of own work
- Anticipates the next step required to complete a request and takes appropriate action to alert supervisor (e.g. re-organizes supervisor’s calendar to accommodate an important meeting)
- Demonstrates expert knowledge and proficiency with SharePoint and permission maintenance • Procures office supplies
- May assist with on-boarding of new hires, either colleague or contractor staff
- Organize and file documents for daily business needs
- A minimum of a HS diploma is required
- A minimum of 5 years of experience in an administrative support role is required
- Demonstrates expert knowledge and proficiency with general office procedures such as Microsoft Office (outlook, word, excel, PowerPoint, Visio and SharePoint) PT&E, Ariba, BT on demand, WebEx
- Proactively balances task, activities and priorities for self and others
- Conducts all activities and makes decisions that are in accordance with Company policies & SOPs, Pfizer Values & global regulatory and environmental guidelines
- Demonstrates an in-depth understanding of Pfizer organization structure
- Administrative experience at senior leadership and experience supporting a large team managing multiple projects
Pfizer reports payments and other transfers of value to health care providers as required by federal and state transparency laws and implementing regulations. These laws and regulations require Pfizer to provide government agencies with information such as a health care provider’s name, address and the type of payments or other value received, generally for public disclosure. Subject to further legal review and statutory or regulatory clarification, which Pfizer intends to pursue, reimbursement of recruiting expenses for licensed physicians may constitute a reportable transfer of value under the federal transparency law commonly known as the Sunshine Act. Therefore, if you are a licensed physician who incurs recruiting expenses as a result of interviewing with Pfizer that we pay or reimburse, your name, address and the amount of payments made currently will be reported to the government. If you have questions regarding this matter, please do not hesitate to contact your Talent Acquisition representative.
EEO & Employment Eligibility
Pfizer is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status. Pfizer also complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as work authorization and employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act and IRCA. Pfizer is an E-Verify employer.
This position can be located in NYC or Groton, CT