Essential Job Functions
- Solicits, reviews, and structures potential loans for all product types offered.
- Help manage and cultivate relationships with lenders, owners, developers, and borrowers to gain new loans.
- Market Fannie Mae, and Freddie Mac small loans to potential new borrowers.
- Maintains existing client relationships and develops new ones.
- Interacts face to face with clients by traveling to their offices, and learns their markets.
- Supervises the maintenance of databases.
- Develops soft quotes for different potential products.
- Prepares application letters for Agency loans, and other loan products.
- Mentors and trains analysts and junior associates.
- Liaison between clients and Hunt Real Estate Capital.
- Interacts with existing clients and maintains records for tracking purposes.
- Follow up on expiring loans as a source of additional business.
- Attend industry conferences and functions to solicit new business.
- Keeps abreast of existing and new products being developed in the marketplace.
- Keeps up with industry trends and products being offered by competitors.
- May mentor and train analysts and junior associates.
- Performs other duties and projects as assigned.
Bachelor’s degree Accounting, Finance, Economics, Real Estate, or other related fields from an accredited college/university.
Experience and Qualifications
- Minimum of four to five years’ experience in commercial mortgage banking/lending and/or small balance experience required.
- Product knowledge of Fannie Mae lending products, CMBS, and proprietary products.
- Demonstrate success in a sales capacity.
- Exceptional listener and communicator who effectively conveys information verbally and in writing.
- A resourceful team leaders who excels at building trusting relationships with clients and colleagues.
- Highly developed analytical, research and written/oral presentation skills.
- Ability to problem-solve and exercise independent judgment while displaying a high degree of initiative and accuracy.
- Demonstrated ability to organize & prioritize projects; complete multiple tasks on schedule.
- Ability to work productively under minimal supervision.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, Strong MS excel, word, Argus, and other computer programs as needed.
- Ability to interact well with colleagues and clients.
- Proactive team player, able to work effectively under sometimes stressful conditions.
Requires a self-motivated, team player who has strong work ethic, demonstrates attention to detail and ability to prioritize in a fast-moving environment with excellent management and business literacy skills. Ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously, managing time and resources to ensure work is completed efficiently to and within established timeframes. Positive personality with a proven ability to analyze real estate transactions. Able to prioritize and follow through on opportunities; ability to work effectively in both a team environment and independently as required. High level of personal accountability.