Work with modern tools to shape a cloud-based architecture and leverage a network of highly-experienced colleagues in technology, product, sales and service in over 20 countries. You will be working closely with both a co-located team in Boston and with engineering teams of other products in North America, Europe and Asia. We expect you to innovate - not maintain legacy code!
Are you detail-oriented and highly organized with the ability to handle multiple-tasks simultaneously and meet tight deadlines? Do you think you have what it takes to join a passionate, no-nonsense team of engineers and product people to get things done?
If this sounds like you, apply today!
Day to day responsibilities of the role include, but are not limited to:
- Research, design, and develop new features and enhancements for the Investor Relations web hosting and Whistle Blower platform
- Provide contributions to architecture of the product with a focus on scalability, security and performance
- Translate business requirements into well-designed and document software components using PHP/LAMP technologies
- Test and evaluate system requirements and enhancements, documenting findings for management and recommending solutions
- Monitor and conduct regression testing in entirety to ensure negative impacts do not result once program alterations are completed; participate in end user acceptance testing, ensuring program alterations and changes meet end user requirements
- Code program based on system enhancements, modification requests, or new design specifications
- Continually keep up-to-date on new products, development tools, industry trends, and methodologies for incorporation into system platforms
- Serve as an escalation point for support after implementation, which may include additional training, upgrades, or program enhancements
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, MIS, or a related field required, however equivalent work experience in a similar position may be substituted for educational requirements
- Industry relevant certifications are highly desired, but not required
Experience and Technical Skills Required
- 6 or more years of application development experience with PHP
- Expert knowledge in PHP writing clean, secure, testable object-oriented code
- Expert experience using git
- Strong skills in PHP automated testing (phpunit, behat, etc.)
- Strong MySQL or PostgreSQL skills including data modeling and table design
- Strong knowledge of working in a LAMP or LEMP environments
- Strong understanding of basic web development skills such as HTML5, JS (jQuery, Ajax), CSS3 (SASS, LESS), Responsive design, etc.
- REST & API Development experience
- Experience with Agile & DevOps best practices (Scrum preferred)
- Willingness to use teleconferencing software daily (with the camera on)
West is connecting people and ideas.
- Drupal 8 experience strongly preferred
- Experience with PHP Frameworks (Zend, Symfony, etc.)
- Experience working with containers
- Experience deploying and managing software in a cloud environment
- Digital marketing experience with digital analytics, SEO, A/B testing
We are delivering on their potential.
We are improving the way we work and live.
At West, we are dedicated to delivering and improving upon new channels, new capabilities and new choices for how businesses and consumers collaborate, connect and transact. We develop technology-enabled communications that change the way we work and improve the way we live. We are a collective effort of enterprise and individuals, of communities and customers, of partnerships and families. We are the sum of our entire network - based on the four pillars of trust, innovation, collaboration, and execution and the hard work of people who share our vision. We are at the core of a technology and communications engine that is changing the world.
We Connect. We Deliver. We are WEST.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled
This position will be posted for 7 days or until filled.