Raritan Valley Country Club in Bridgewater, NJ is excited to announce the exceptional career opportunity of Assistant Merchandiser. Qualified candidates will thrive in a hospitality environment and be highly focused on providing superior service to the clubs managed by Troon.
Key Responsibilities of the Assistant Merchandiser:
* Receives shipments, prepares merchandise, and receives merchandise into inventory through the Point of Sales (POS) system.
* Presents merchandise in attractive displays, changes/updates displays on a regular basis. Ensures a fresh look is maintained in the shop.
* Extracts EOM reporting from POS/Inventory system.
* Populates Open to Buy plan with EOM information for Sales, COS and Inventory levels.
* Processes receiving documents for accounts payable.
* Leads and assists in monthly/quarterly inventory in retail shops.
* Maintains receiving log to cross-check with general ledger monthly.
* Maintains sufficient stock levels and assists in ordering merchandise for retail shop. Places special orders for members and guests.
* Ensures stockrooms are kept organized so that items are easy to locate.
* Sells and maintains retail shop merchandise while providing guest service.
* Assists in scheduling and training of shop staff.
* Processes return authorizations.
* Incorporates safe work practices in job performance.
* Performs other duties as required.
Minimum Qualifications for the Assistant Merchandiser:
* Associate's degree (AA); or six months to one year related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
* Regular and reliable attendance.