Tam O'Shanter Country Club in Glen Head, NY is excited to announce the exceptional career opportunity of seasonal full-time and/or part-time Equipment Operator. Qualified candidates will thrive in a hospitality environment and be highly focused on providing superior service.
Key Responsibilities of the Equipment Operator:
* Operates all equipment that is used in daily course maintenance.
* Mows greens, tees, aprons, and approaches inaccessible areas with gang mowers.
* Operates sod cutter, spray rigs and may assist in the fertilization of greens, tees, fairways, roughs and related areas.
* Mows fairways and rough areas; and operates other equipment as directed.
* Maintains gasoline or diesel, oil and other equipment fluid levels daily.
* Reports equipment problems and failures to mechanic immediately.
* Installs detailed irrigation and drainage systems as directed, understanding the principles and procedures of installation.
* Ability to use and understand the operation of a transit, level or other device used to construct proper grades and/or layout.
* Uses loaders to remove dirt, debris and other materials and refuse.
* Returns equipment to designated location at the maintenance facility as directed by the mechanic or Assistant Superintendent properly cleaned and serviced.
* Oversees other maintenance associates while performing duties that include operation of equipment. Ensures safety the associate and proper operation of equipment.
* Operates equipment safely and maintains awareness of other associates in work area.
* Incorporates safe work practices in job performance.
* Performs other duties as required.
Minimum Qualifications for the Equipment Operator:
* High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or one to six months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
* Must have a valid driver's license.
* Regular and reliable attendance
* Ability to read and speak English may be required in order to perform the duties of the job.