Skadden is seeking a Corporate Analyst to join our Corporations Department in the Wilmington, Delaware office. As a member of Skadden's professional staff, the Corporate Analyst will play an integral role in helping the Firm provide high-quality service to clients. The team of knowledgeable and talented staff at Skadden are dedicated to supporting our lawyers in their goal to provide excellence in legal and client services. The hours for this position are Monday through Friday, 9:30 a.m. - 6:00 p.m., with training schedule to vary and with the understanding that flexibility will be required when hours need to be adjusted to meet Department needs.
This position provides information and assistance to attorneys, legal assistants, and clients regarding work involving all Secretary of State offices.
- Respond to requests for documentation for business entities from all Secretary of State offices.
- Provide assistance to attorneys, legal assistants, and clients regarding inquiries about utilization of business entity laws and requests for guidance regarding code sections.
- Research information regarding specific business entities in all jurisdictions.
- Draft and process certificate filings for business entities in all jurisdictions.
- Provide franchise tax information for corporations both annually and upon decision to dissolve by merger or conversion.
- Has a working knowledge of the role of registered agents, their services and responsibilities.
- Select and provide forms, precedents and boiler documents.
- Demonstrate effective interpersonal communication skills and develop professional relationships with vendor and state resources.
- Manage Firm resources responsibly.
- Comply with and understand Firm operations, policies and procedures.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.