Schedule: Monday-Friday 8am-5pm
Our mission is to help payors, biopharma companies, researchers and healthcare providers improve outcomes, accelerate access to care and reduce risk - all by focusing on the patient first. With a multidisciplinary, oncology-only approach, we bring deep expertise to a complicated disease bringing humanity and efficiency to oncology risk management.
The Instructional Designer will use multimedia technology and authoring tools to design and develop instructional materials. These materials will facilitate learners in acquiring knowledge, skills and competencies in an effective and appealing manner.
Duties and Job Responsibilities
- Work with subject matter experts and identify target audience's training needs
- Develop objectives and ensure content matches those objectives
- Revise and rewrite content to shape it for learning needs
- Create engaging learning activities and compelling course content that enhances retention and transfer
- Create material/media to support learning (audio, video, simulations, role plays, games etc.)
- Determine the criteria used to judge learner's performance and develop assessment instruments
- Adapt instructional materials created for one format (e.g., instructor led) to other formats such as e-learning
- Conduct instructional research and analysis on learners and contexts
- Apply tested instructional design theories, practice and methods
- Present information using a variety of instructional techniques and formats such as role playing, simulations, team exercises, group discussions, videos and lectures.
Qualifications and Requirements
- Bachelor's degree with a concentration on adult education or instructional design preferred..
- 2-3 years of experience designing and developing for a variety of delivery modalities
- Assisting facilitating training sessions
- Familiarity with Adobe applications
- Ability to be flexible and work consistently in a dynamic and changing environment
- Strong quality orientation including the ability to focus on details and adhere to quality standards
- Strong organizational skills including the ability to prioritize, work under pressure and meet deadlines and schedules
- Ability to communicate effectively, both written and oral
- Strong customer service orientation
- Strong problem solver with the ability to present issues clearly and provide answers
- Highly motivated and committed to excellence with a positive attitude
- Ability to communicate with diverse groups and individuals
Position Title: Instructional Designer (P3)
Business Title: Technical Course Developer (206326)
Reports To: Director, Training and Development
Career Level - IC-Professional-P3
McKesson is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.Qualified applicants will not be disqualified from consideration for employment based upon criminal history.
McKesson is committed to being an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers including job seekers with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search or application for employment, please contact us by sending an email to . Resumes or CVs submitted to this email box will not be accepted.
Current employees must apply through the internal career site.
Join us at McKesson!
McKesson is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer - minorities/females/veterans/persons with disabilities.