The Area Director ofRevenue Management is responsible for developing and implementing hotel revenuemanagement strategies across a select group of hotels. He/She will take an activerole in the hotel's pricing, business mix, forecasting and distribution ofinventory across various channels for both group and transient to ensure themaximization of revenues and market share. They will develop and maintain productive relationships with allstakeholders, including hotel General Managers, sales leaders, franchisees,owners and the corporate office.
1. Overseethe day to day revenue management and distribution strategyof assigned hotels
2. Strong communication and presentation skills.
3. Strong knowledge and understanding of revenue managementconcepts, processes, systems and advanced revenue management techniques and theability to communicate these concepts to others.
4. Understands both brand and independent hotel strategies andcultures
5. Development of pricing strategies for each assigned propertytaking into account individual personalities of each hotel
6. Management and oversight of all third-party distributionchannels
7. Develops group pricing and analysis of group business toensure it meets hotels goals.
8. Provide weekly and monthly performance comments on P&Land STR performance
9. Reduce the cost of distribution by finding new less expensivemeans of delivering business.
10. Provide group and transient forecasting for properties on aregular basis
11. Participate in the annual revenue budget and strategicplanning process.
12. Partner with marketing to identify need periods andstrategies to drive optimal revenue performance.
Qualifications: The qualified candidate must have excellentwritten and oral communication skills, demonstrated strong analytical skills inprevious roles, possess solid leadership attributes and an outgoing and salesoriented personality. The candidate should have a thorough knowledge of theinternet, GDS, and other revenue streams. Marriott and/or Hyatt system experience is beneficial, but notmandatory.
Education and Experience
* 2-yeardegree from an accredited university in Business Administration, Finance andAccounting, Economics, Hotel and Restaurant Management, or related major; 6years experience in the revenue management, sales and marketing, or relatedprofessional area.
* 4-yearbachelor's degree in Business Administration, Finance and Accounting,Economics, Hotel and Restaurant Management, or related major; 4 yearsexperience in the revenue management, sales and marketing, or relatedprofessional area.
Skills and Knowledge
1. Writing - Communicatingeffectively in writing as appropriate for the needs of the audience.
2. Analytical/CriticalThinking- The ability to gather and organize information using a logical and systematicprocess; recognize patterns and relationships in complex data; examine data toidentify implications, problems and draw appropriate conclusions; generatealternative solutions to problems; evaluate strengths, weaknesses andconsequences of alternative solutions and approaches to solving problems.
3. Reading Comprehension - Understandingwritten sentences and paragraphs in work related documents.
4. Basic Computer Skills - Using basiccomputer hardware and software (e.g., personal computers, word processingsoftware, Internet browsers, etc.).
5. Oral Comprehension - The ability tolisten to and understand information and ideas presented through spoken wordsand sentences.
6. Revenue Management - Knowledge of totalhotel revenue management concepts, processes and strategies (including salescycles and trends, account management, pricing, and inventory management).
7. Job Specific ComputerSkills- Using computer hardware and software specific to job (e.g., MARSHA, PMS, SFA,NGS, Delphi, Point of Sale, HR technology).
8. Mathematics - Using mathematicsto solve problems.
9. Economics andAccounting- Knowledge of economic and accounting principles and practices, P&Lstatements, operating budgets, forecasting and scheduling, and the reporting offinancial data.
10. Number Facility - The ability to add,subtract, multiply, or divide quickly and correctly.
11. Sales and Marketing - Knowledge of principlesand methods for showing, promoting, and selling products or services. Thisincludes marketing strategy and tactics, product demonstration, salestechniques, and sales control systems.
12. Administration andManagement- Knowledge of business and management principles involved in strategicplanning, resource allocation, human resources modeling, leadership technique,production methods, and coordination of people and resources.
13. Originality - The ability to comeup with unusual or clever ideas about products, services or situations, or todevelop creative ways to solve a problem.
1. Adaptability - Ability toeffectively adjust to major changes in work tasks or the work environment.
2. Applied BusinessKnowledge- Understands market dynamics, enterprise level objectives, financial metrics,and important aspects of the hotel business; skilled at using businessknowledge to anticipate opportunities and risks.
3. Building a SuccessfulTeam- Skilled at building a cohesive team and facilitating goal accomplishment.
4. Building StrategicWorking Relationships- Skilled at developing and using collaborative relationships to facilitate theaccomplishment of work goals.
5. Building Trust - Ability to interactwith others in an honest, fair and respectful way; giving others confidence inone's intentions and those of the organization.
6. Communication - Skilled at clearlyconveying information and ideas through a variety of media; engaging theaudience and helping them understand and retain the message.
7. High Work Standards - Sets high standardsof performance for self and others; assumes responsibility and accountabilityfor successfully completing assignments or tasks.
8. Leading Through Visionand Values- Keeps values and business strategy at the forefront of decision making andactions.
9. Planning andOrganizing- Skilled at establishing courses of action for self and others to ensure workis completed efficiently.
10. Strategic DecisionMaking- Ability to gather and organize information relevant to a long-range goal orvision, develop alternative strategies, and execute a course of action to carryout strategy.