WHY JOIN OUR CORNHUSKER HOSPITALITY TEAM?
* Free Associate Meals
* Flexible Schedules
* Competitive pay rates
* Tailored uniforms are provided
* Excellent employee discounts with Marriott Hotels & Marcus Hotels & Resorts properties
* $150 Associate Referral Bonus Program
* The hospitality industry offers unlimited opportunities for career advancement
We only hire those who are at the top of their game and specialize in the details! Guests tell us that they love to visit our property, as a place to connect, celebrate and be inspired! Our teams deliver magic, day in and day out. Now is the opportunity to be a part of something meaningful!
TITLE & SHIFT: Barista, Part time. Each week, schedules are arranged based on various customer events.
* Accurately collect payments and distribute change, operate a cash register, provide fast and friendly customer service, and prepare Starbucks beverages.
* Provide quality beverages consistently for all customers.
* Maintain condition and cleanliness of work area.
* Ensure good speaking skills, maintaining composure and practicing good etiquette.
* Follow standards for merchandising, stocking, rotating, and storing all products.
* Ascertain guest satisfaction; in the event of dissatisfaction, tactfully negotiate an accommodation, while promoting excellent guest/associate rapport by responding and completing all requests promptly, efficiently, and courteously.
* Comply with accounting guidelines regarding receipt of payments, cash drawer and house bank management.
* Perform all assigned side work, including but not limited to replenishing condiments and restocking service areas.
* Promote excellent guest/associate rapport by responding and completing all requests promptly, efficiently, and courteously.
* Perform any general cleaning tasks using standard outlet cleaning products as assigned by supervisor to adhere to health standards.
* Follow all Marcus Hotels and Resorts policies and procedures, Marriott Standards, and Information Protection procedures.
* Perform all other related duties and special projects as requested and/or assigned.
1. Prior Barista experience preferred.
2. Must be dependable and reliable to meet the demands of a 24 hour operation with flexibility to work a varied schedule to include days, evenings, weekends, holidays, game days and the ability to work under pressure.
3. Ability to effectively deal with guest and employee concerns in a friendly and positive manner.
4. Ability to learn up-selling techniques.
5. Ability to operate a keyboard and learn Point of Sale procedures to pre-check order and close out the check.
6. Basic mathematical skills necessary to operate a cash register, make change, count total bank, prepare cash drops, total all other charges. Cash handling experience preferred.
7. Excellent interpersonal, listening and communication skills to include the ability to read, write, speak, and understand the English language to understand menus, special promotions, record orders, and communicate with guests to explain orders.
8. Able to multi-task, produce high quality and accurate work.
9. Must be able to represent the company in a professional, well-groomed and courteous manner at all times.
10. Ability to obtain and maintain an active Lancaster County Food Handler and Responsible Beverage Service Training Certification as well as any additional training/certification requirements per Marcus Hotels & Resorts, Marriott and Lancaster County.
Apply now! We are looking forward to getting to know you better!
EOE / M / F/ D / V