|Revenue and Technical Accounting Manager|
Are you interested in joining a smart team in a great office environment at an award-winning organization? At Axioma, we bring together the best minds from across the world to challenge the way financial institutions think about risk and investment portfolio management. To learn more about us go to
We Innovate. We Create. We Collaborate
Axioma is seeking a highly motivated and detail-oriented Manager to join our Finance Team as Revenue and Technical Accounting Manager.
* Manage revenue recognition under IFRS 15, which includes performing monthly close activities, ensuring accurate results are delivered on time for reporting, and having a thorough understanding of drivers
* Identify, research and analyze complex revenue recognition issues and successfully communicate position to Management and cross-functional non-accountants
* Lead the implementation of a revenue recognition automation tool to improve financial reporting
* Liaise with the sales, fulfillment, and IT ledger teams to understand and improve the entire revenue cycle and implement improvements
* Understand the connection from Salesforce to the general ledger to ensure revenue is being booked completely and accurately
* Research, implement, and present IFRS guidance on various technical topics beyond revenue, including leases (IFRS 16) and expected credit losses (IFRS 9)
* Prepare and update accounting policies through collaboration with the parent company’s Accounting Policy technical team to ensure compliance with both company policies and IFRS
* Review transactions and perform the accounting analysis to determine the accounting treatment under IFRS
* Present impact assessments and technical accounting updates to senior leaders and auditors
* Drive continuous process improvements, including design and documentation thereof, as well as effective monitoring of internal controls and SoX/IFRS compliance.
* 7-10 years in professional accounting experience, including experience at a large public accounting firm
* Strong technical understanding of IFRS, with a focus on revenue (IFRS 15)
* Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Accounting
* CPA (or equivalent)
* A self-starter who can prioritize and manage multiple assignments, take initiative, and work independently
* Excellent leadership and collaborative skills, with the ability to generate action, influence decisions with limited authority and manage expectations in fast-paced situations.
* Demonstrate excellence in prioritization, meeting deadlines and completing assignments thoroughly and accurately
• An excellent communicator who loves to share findings and actionable insights
• Collaborative and excited to work with many different teams across the company
* Experience with SAP preferred
* Experience with Salesforce preferred
* Prior working experience with revenue automated systems/tools preferred
Axioma is an equal opportunity employer that offers challenging work in a supportive environment.
Direct hires only - no agencies