Connecting people with each other and the right information is mission-critical. Intrado, formerly West develops innovative cloud-based technology to make it easier, more effective and more efficient to make the right connections. Our solutions put people in sync with each other and the right information, so they gain the insight needed to reach better decisions on the issues that matter most. We do it with a laser focus on reliability.
Intrado is a leading provider of technology-driven, communication services, serving Fortune 1000 companies and other clients in a variety of industries, including telecommunications, retail, financial services, public safety, technology and healthcare. For more than 30 years, we have been leading the way in hosted and cloud-based solutions.
Our Global Technology Services department is currently seeking a Sr Software Engineer. This role will be located at our downtown Boston office at 11 Farnsworth St. This engineer will support our MMC webcasting platform used for our Investor Relations webcasts. The group is 5 developers, 3 QA and 2 Product Managers co-located in Boston and Germany.
Our ideal candidate will have experience with our technologies or similar ones, will be self-motivated, and driven to achieve. The right person will thrive in a fast paced, yet flexible work environment and be a strong communicator, self-starter and team player.
Day to day responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Identify business objectives and develop solutions that will meet the company's current and future needs
- Develop a comprehensive and logical test plans using appropriate tools to ensure established standards are utilized
- Research, design, and develop new or enhanced solutions that meet business and performance improvement requirements
- Test and evaluate system requirements and enhancements, documenting findings for management and recommend solutions
- Monitor and conduct regression testing and participate in end user acceptance testing, ensuring program alterations and changes meet end user requirements
- Code program based on system enhancements, modification requests, or new design specifications
- Keep up-to-date on new products, development tools, industry trends, and methodologies for incorporation into company solutions
- Serve as an escalation point for program support after implementation, which may include additional training, upgrades, or program enhancements
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, MIS, or a related field is required, Master's Degree preferred. Equivalent work experience in a similar position may be substituted for educational requirements
Experience and Technical Skills
- Minimum 3 - 5 years of experience with software engineering or development, programming and/or a related field is required
- Experience with SQL Databases, preferably MariaDB
- Experience with Cloud Native AWS, serverless applications
- Experience working in an Agile Scrum environment using tools like Git, Jira and Confluence
Our solutions connect people with each other, and the information needed to gain insights for better decisions on the issues that matter most - Information to Insight.
Intrado has sales and/or operations in the United States, Canada, Europe, the Middle East, Asia Pacific, Latin and South America and is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Veterans/Disabled and Other Protected Categories.
This position will be posted for 7 days or until the position is filled.