Join the First Transit team as Maintenance Utility / Bus Service Worker!
The Maintenance Utility Worker performs bus cleaning and detailing and may perform minor non-safety critical repairs under the supervision of maintenance staff. First Transit employs people who are committed to providing our customers with the highest levels of quality and customer service. We deliver what we promise.
First Transit is proud to offer:
- $15/HR Starting Wage
- Tremendous Career Advancement Opportunities due to a strong presence all across North America
- Comprehensive benefits packages including company training, paid holidays & vacation, medical & dental, and 401(k) savings plan.
- A great work environment!
The duties for this position include:
- Vehicle Cleaning duties/Vehicle Detailing (interior and exterior)
- Wash vehicles on site
- Wash and clean vehicles as they return in the evenings
- PM Vehicle parking to ensure smooth pull out in the morning
- Vehicle fluid checks and replenishment
- Lubricate Equipment
- Communicating issues from DVIs (vehicle inspection reports reviewed)
- Shop and facility housekeeping duties
- Keeping Safety as top priority for location
Other duties include, but limited to:
- Assist with vehicle swaps (bringing a vehicle out to a route, vehicle break downs, etc.)
- Assist as necessary in the handling of emergency situations (Accidents/Incidents-stay with vehicle if waiting for a tow)
- Parts running
- Farebox repairs
- Minor vehicle repairs (headlight change, bulbs, filter cleaning, mirror changes, etc.)
- Other maintenance tasks as assigned by supervisor
Miscellaneous Position Information:
- Must be willing to work beyond normal scheduled hours if required, including Saturdays
- Prioritize tasks
- Must be willing to obtain CDL Class B - We Train!
- Must be 18 years of age or older
- High School or equivalent
- Ability to learn and perfect maintenance skills
- Good verbal and interpersonal skills.
- Physical ability to work in trade
- Ability to lift 65 pounds
- Ability to remain calm in emergency situations
- Ability to multi-task
First Transit is a leading provider of transportation contract and management services, moving more than 350 million passengers annually. First Transit employs more than 19,500 dedicated transit professionals through fixed-route, paratransit, college/airport shuttle services and rail operations at more than 300 locations in the US, Canada, Puerto Rico, Panama and India. With a dedication to safety and outstanding customer service, First Transit sets itself apart from other providers in the industry.
Join Our Team - Apply Today!
First Transit is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
FirstGroup is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status