Join the First Transit team as a Bus Fleet Technician!
Servicing Princeton Campus Buses
First Transit is proud to offer:
- $28-34/hour based on experience and qualifications + ASE bonus money!
- ASE testing and training materials provided!
- Career advancement opportunities across North America
- Full benefits packages - health, dental, vision, 401k, and paid time off!
- A great work environment!
- Company uniforms provided
Transit Bus Mechanic Job Duties Include:
- Inspect brake systems, steering mechanisms, wheel bearings, and other important parts.
- Identify and report potentially dangerous equipment and additional repairs needed.
- Maintain a safe, clean, productive and efficient work area.
- Perform Service Calls and on the road repairs as assigned.
- Perform routine and preventative maintenance.
- Performs all other duties as assigned.
Transit Bus Mechanic Job Qualifications:
- 3+ years of hands-on transit bus / diesel repair experience
- Technical/Vocational school training helpful, but not required
- Valid Commercial Driver’s License required; ability to obtain endorsements for (P) Passenger and Airbrakes within 60 days of employment.
- Must be willing to obtain ASE certifications (Company paid training and bonuses provided!)
- Background check and drug screen required
- Must have own set of mechanic’s tools
- Computer proficiency
First Transit is a leading provider of transportation contract and management services, moving more than 350 million passengers annually. First Transit employs more than 19,500 dedicated transit professionals through fixed-route, paratransit, college/airport shuttle services and rail operations at more than 300 locations in the US, Canada, Puerto Rico, Panama and India. With a dedication to safety and outstanding customer service, First Transit sets itself apart from other providers in the industry.
First Transit is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
FirstGroup is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status