Join First Transit as Lead Fleet Maintenance Mechanic!
This position requires the level of knowledge and skills necessary to diagnose and repair commercial vehicles and equipment. This individual must have the ability to effectively work and communicate with employees and customers. Requirements include daily safety inspections, minimal reworks, and maintaining production standards.
First Transit is proud to offer:
- Competitive hourly wages based on experience and qualifications ($30.07/hr)
- Tremendous career advancement opportunities due to a strong presence across North America
- Comprehensive benefits packages including paid holidays & vacation, medical & dental, and 401(k) savings plan.
- A great work environment!
Lead Fleet Maintenance Mechanic major responsibilities:
- Performing vehicle maintenance to the First Transit standards.
- Diagnosing all phases of vehicle and equipment repair.
- Removing, cleaning, repairing, reinstalling, and adjusting vehicle components (Engine Emission Components, Driveline Components, Electrical/Electronic Components, Brakes/Suspension/Steering/Exhaust, Cab/Chassis, and Hydraulics).
- Schedules and administers fleet maintenance, assists in troubleshooting problems with equipment. Communicates availability of vehicles for service with dispatch, maintenance manager and/or other operations personnel.
- Supervises maintenance operations. Plans and distributes the work. Delegates responsibilities as appropriate and monitors performance. While involved in reviewing personnel actions (e.g., hiring, promotions and discipline), all such actions are further reviewed and approved by higher management.
- Ensuring work orders are completed accurately.
- Selecting appropriate course of action for repairs.
- Evaluating completed work prior to release, seeking supervisor approval where required.
- Performing road calls and emergency services as necessary.
- Moving vehicles safely between job and work area.
- Communicating professionally with customers, team members, and supervisors.
- Actively participating in safety or educational training as required.
- Completes special projects as assigned. Required to perform hands-on work activities.
- Continuous ASE re-certification to remain in job classification.
Lead Fleet Maintenance Mechanic requirements:
- High school diploma or equivalent; Technical training preferred
- Industry experience repairing and maintaining diesel engines and automotive equipment
- 3+ years of hands-on mechanical supervisory experience
- May require lifting of up to 50 lbs.
- Good written and oral communication skills
- Strong computer skills
- Must have an appropriate mechanic's tool set
- Subject to background check and drug screen.
First Transit is a leading provider of transportation contract and management services, moving more than 350 million passengers annually. First Transit employs more than 19,500 dedicated transit professionals through fixed-route, paratransit, college/airport shuttle services and rail operations at more than 300 locations in the US, Canada, Puerto Rico, Panama and India. With a dedication to safety and outstanding customer service, First Transit sets itself apart from other providers in the industry.
Become a part of our team - Apply Today!
First Transit is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
FirstGroup is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status