Barilla is an Italian family-owned food company. Established in 1877, it's now an international Group present in more than 100 countries.
A world leader in the markets of pasta and ready-to-use sauces in continental Europe, bakery products in Italy and crispbread in Scandinavia, the Barilla Group is recognized worldwide as a symbol of Italian know-how.
"Good for You, Good for the Planet" is Barilla's purpose and the only way each person in the Group works and of which is an ambassador. It means caring for the wellbeing of people and the planet in everything Barilla does, from the field to consumption; it also means promoting open and transparent working relationships in the communities Barilla is part of.
Introduction - Organizational Details:
Barilla America, Inc. wants to recruit an IT Infrastructure and Communications Specialist - America within Information Technology in Northbrook, IL. The individual will report to the IT Infrastructure & Comm. Manager - America.
The main responsibility of the IT Infrastructure and Communications Specialist is to provide 1st level support for PCs, phones, mobile phones, networks, and to provide helpdesk coverage. Support will include remote support for plants and remote offices. Some project work will be required.
1. Provide 1st level support to users on PCs, phones, mobile phones, and networks. Set up computer hardware, install software, and troubleshoot PC issues.
2. Assist users with computer issues in a polite and professional manner in person and remotely/virtually.
3. Provide helpdesk coverage for all Barilla America sites in the US, Canada, Mexico, and Brazil, as well as Barilla's restaurants.
4. Track issues using Barilla's helpdesk system. Ensure issues are resolved or escalated in a timely fashion. Follow up on the resolution of escalated issues.
5. Lead projects, such as mobile phone and PC deployments, or similar projects on time and within budget.
6. Collaborate with the global team and support the regional portion of global initiatives.
7. Provide support for collaboration tools such as Microsoft Teams, Bluejeans, and Skype as well as supporting video conference systems.
8. Support network, server, and telephony systems as required.
9. Maintain accurate inventories and assist with equipment orders of PCs, network gear, telephones, and mobile phones at all locations.
10. Follow all other processes and procedures as defined by the local/Global IT departments and Company policy.
11. Maintain relationships with global IT, local IT, and employee user community.
12. Follow all governance guidelines and procedures of IT.
13. Other duties as assigned.
* Bachelor's degree in information technology, computer science, engineering, other technical field or specialized training / equivalent work experience
* 1-3 years' experience managing Infrastructure or related projects
* Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
* Demonstrated ability to manage multiple initiatives concurrently
* Excellent customer service skills
* Experience delivering small infrastructure projects
* Experience with Windows 10 and MS office 2016, and Office 365 including Outlook.
* Experience assisting users with PCs, networks, and/or servers.
* Ability to provide remote support via various methods
* Experience with Networking and Cisco equipment a plus
* Experience building servers and working with virtualization a plus.
* Experience working in a global environment is a plus
* Experience with SCCM and software distribution is a plus.
* Cisco CCNA certification a plus
* SAP support experience a plus
* Domestic and Internationally travel may be required, 10-15%.
Barilla is an equal opportunity employer. It is the policy of Barilla to prohibit discrimination and harassment of any type and to afford equal employment opportunities to employees and applicants without regard characteristics including, but not limited to, age, race, color, culture, ethnicity, nationality, faith, religion, gender, pregnancy, family status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, veteran or protected veteran status, political opinions, health or disability.