Barilla is an Italian family-owned food company. Established in 1877, it's now an international Group present in more than 100 countries.
A world leader in the markets of pasta and ready-to-use sauces in continental Europe, bakery products in Italy and crispbread in Scandinavia, the Barilla Group is recognized worldwide as a symbol of Italian know-how.
"Good for You, Good for the Planet" is Barilla's purpose and the only way each person in the Group works and of which is an ambassador. It means caring for the wellbeing of people and the planet in everything Barilla does, from the field to consumption; it also means promoting open and transparent working relationships in the communities Barilla is part of
Introduction - Organizational Details:
Barilla America, Inc. wants to recruit a Food Service Manager - Southeast Region - within Trade Marketing & Sales in Florida. The individual will report to the Food Service Director - United States.
Job Purpose: The Food Service Manager will manage and execute all related sales and marketing activities as assigned within the South/Central Region.
Key Accountabilities :
1. Maximize sales through broadline and specialty food distributors to commercial and non-commercial operators, including, but not limited to; restaurants, college & university, K-12, hospitality, healthcare, B&I, and cruise industry.
2. Manage and monitor efforts to identify and develop new customers within each region/territory.
3. Target new foodservice distribution areas.
4. Manage, negotiate, and monitor trade marketing resources to generate and achieve sales and profit objectives.
5. Develop a sales plan, train, educate, and lead all activities of the assigned foodservice broker as required.
6. Identify and pursue appropriate chain account activity within the assigned region.
7. Manage region to ensure account business is developed and budgeted sales and profit objectives are achieved.
8. Develop and execute business strategy aligned with Barilla's initiatives to achieve growth through distribution within the region.
9. Build business through the support of a company-branded product. Forecast region case volumes.
10. Prepare and conduct quarterly business reviews with key accounts.
11. Develop strong working relationships/collaborate effectively with key cross-functional partners in order to meet the volume and profit goals for the business unit.
12. Maintain deduction balance in line with expectations.
* High school degree or GED equivalent required; Bachelor's degree preferred (concentration in Management, Marketing, Business, Economics preferred)
* 5-7 years of successful foodservice sales experience
* Cruise industry sales experience preferred
* Extensive internal/external foodservice industry knowledge; Retail knowledge a plus
* Strengths in strategic planning, project management, analysis, presentation, and communications skills
* Proficient in MS Office and SAP
* 2 years of people management and/or experience managing a broker sales team preferred
* Proven ability to build high-performance teams
* Multi-market sales experience preferred
* Ability to travel up to 65% domestically, as well as, some international travel
Barilla is an equal opportunity employer. It is the policy of Barilla to prohibit discrimination and harassment of any type and to afford equal employment opportunities to employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status or any other classification protected by federal, state and local laws and ordinances, nationally and internationally. Other classifications include, but are not limited to, family status, health status, multicultural differences, political ideas, and sexual orientation.