Since 1893, Stewart has served our customers with integrity and service excellence. We focus on smart growth - allowing us to remain strong regardless of external market conditions. Stewart (NYSE: STC) is a customer-focused, global title insurance and real estate services company offering products and services through our direct operations, network of approved issuing agencies and other companies within the Stewart family.
The title researcher senior is responsible to provide accurate and professional title commitments, maintain high level of productivity and products, assess risk and liabilities in accordance with policy provisions, and provide title opinions based on the facts and documentation.
- Examine title orders within company guidelines to determine the conditions of the title and insurability by consideringthe effect of documents such as deeds, deeds of trust, mechanics liens, tax liens, judgments, assessments, probates and other matters of record.
- Research respective title plant software, analyze and evaluate pertinent record documents for determination of ownership, legal descriptions, and any conjunction to title.
- Explain chain of title, exceptions, and requirements to customers and managers.
- Recognize title defects and formulate curative equipments.
- Assess risks and liabilities that may jeopardize the company, and bring these matters to the attention of the local title manager, state title manager or underwriter, as appropriate.
- Maintain proper production levels and delivery standards on a daily basis.
- Review surveys prepared on properties, if applicable.
- Work closely with the customer and escrow staff to meet time requirements for options, and assist with answering questions.
- Prepare an accurate and compressive title commitment in accordance with company examining and policy procedures.
- Perform title searches, verifying, reviewing and compiling information including but not limited to, geographic information, property surveys and legal description, title orders, customer information, ownership histories, physical address, etc. which involves the return of a set of documents reflecting the history of a property.
- Updates title and judgment searches and ensures timely processing of associated documents, etc.
- Answers questions and inquiries regarding process, procedures and transactions.
- Submits details for examination of the title and provides updates to appropriate parties.
- Utilizes various documents, files, websites and title search software.
- Recommends and advise management on process improvement and impact of change and leads initiatives to improve processes and service/products.
- May supervise others as required.
- Perform other duties assigned by manager.
Role Specific Knowledge:
- Advanced familiarity of a variety of the field's concepts, practices, and procedures.
- Excellent written communication and presentation skills.
- Expert knowledge of transactional documentation standards and ability to apply standard in non-standard situations.
- Ability to operate in an environment with tight deadlines and strict standards.
- Proficient in utilizing computer software and systems sufficient to manage spreadsheet, documents and search engines.
- Expert in applying company and related legal and statutory requirements related to property search.
- Ability to work in a high volume transaction environment, requiring attention to detail and self-motivated.
- Ability to identify problems and develop solution of a complex nature.
Education, Licensure, and Experience:
- Completion of a High School diploma
- Possession of a Valid State Producer's License, if applicable.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in the title industry which includes experience in abstracting and examining.
- Use and Knowledge ofATS is a plus
Stewart. Real partners. Real possibilities. More information can be found at , subscribe to the Stewart blog at or follow Stewart on Twitter.
Returning Job Seekers
Already have a candidate profile? Log in to access and update your current profile to access and update your current profile.
Stewart employees should access Careers through the Stewart Point internal jobs database.
Assistance for Applicants with Disabilities
Stewart is committed to ensuring that its online application process provides an equal employment opportunity to all job seekers, including individuals with disabilities. If you believe you need a reasonable accommodation in order to search for a job opening or to submit an application, please contact us via email at .
Equal Opportunity Employment
At Stewart, our commitment to diversity and inclusion is helping us to create not only a great place to work, but also an environment where our employees, our customers and our communities around the world can reach their goals and connect with each other. Stewart prohibits discrimination against any employee or applicant for employment based on race, color, religion, creed, sex, national origin, age, mental or physical disability, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, or any other protected characteristic consideration protected under applicable federal, state, or local laws.
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer