Position at GroupM North America
The Addressable TV media marketplace is a new, complex, and fast-moving space. To ensure that MODI Media is well placed to take advantage of the opportunities, it should have the best in class, innovative product suite.
The Senior Director, Data Solutions will support Finecast in the development of new product solutions, lead the strategy of taking new products to market and provide both the business and our customers with valuable reporting, insights and optimization analysis.
The role will report to the Head of Product, Data & Analytics, working as part of the US management team alongside functional leaders in Operations, Engagement and Client Services.
The key responsibilities for the role are:
- The leadership of Finecast reporting solutions, both externally for customers and internally for business and campaign optimization insights
- Developing the infrastructure for how we optimize yield across our business. The key areas this encompasses are:
- Pricing strategy, modeling, and policy
- Inventory analytics and optimization, working closely in collaboration with GroupM Investment
- Dashboarding – interactive reporting for profitability analysis and business decision making
- Product profitability analysis
- Business process analysis and optimization (how we can create more efficiency in our business)
- Product development leadership for the US. Supporting the Global CPO on implementation of product strategy and roadmap development
- Leadership and partner management of key technology and data partner relationships (e.g. DSPs and ad servers)
- Team performance management and career development. Initially, this position will have one direct report (Senior Product Manager) with the ambition to recruit a Director of Product Marketing later in 2020 also reporting to this position
- The right person will play a critical role in diversifying and supporting Finecast’s growth; responsible for successfully launching product solutions and optimizing the profitability of our business.
The ideal candidate will have a strong working experience of building product solutions, taking those products to market, and analyzing/optimizing the efficiency and profitability of how we price and operate campaigns.
Strong working knowledge of the TV advertising industry, especially Addressable and CTV/OTT technologies, is key, as the candidate will need to help architect first to market product solutions that will require creative technical thinking.
The role also requires a sound understanding of dashboarding solutions, database design and ETL processes to ensure we develop cost-effective, scalable reporting, and insight systems.
The ideal individual will be able to collaborate internally and externally to drive projects to completion, communicate effectively to articulate ideas and product vision, and manage multiple stakeholders in complex projects.
The ideal candidate will have the following experience, skills and attributes:
- Solid experience in the TV advertising and digital media industries
- Ability to lead partner technology relationships – clearly setting the expectation, laying out requirements and prioritizing tasks; then holding all parties accountable
- Adept understanding of database development and reporting dashboard design
- Skilled in Google Cloud Platform (GCP), specifically Cloud Storage, BigQuery, and Data Studio
- Experience and understanding of building pricing models and policy
- Strong analytical capabilities – being able to identify and interpret trends and provide clear recommendations
- Understanding and experience of the product development process
- Proven ability to work positively as a key stakeholder in cross-functional projects, being able to listen and process information from others and incorporate feedback
- Ability to set and work to a budget – tracking and reporting costs
- Experienced people management skills – proven ability to lead a team, set objectives for individuals and manage performance
- Excellent communication skills, effectively translating complex ideas into easy to understand, workable solutions and comfortable presenting in group environments
- Demonstrable ability to write accurate and detailed business requirements, but also clear and engaging communications of new product launches.
- A keen eye for identifying and analyzing efficiency opportunities, particularly relating to media, data, core business processes and user workflow.
- Versatility to adapt skills/behaviors/attitude to enable successful working outcomes in unfamiliar environments.
- Bring energy and passion to your work, be versatile, and collaborative in style and confidence in the solutions you present.
GroupM is the world’s leading media investment company responsible for more than $113B in annual media investment through agencies including Mindshare, MediaCom, Wavemaker, Essence and m/SIX, as well as the outcomes-driven programmatic audience company, Xaxis. GroupM creates competitive advantage for advertisers via its worldwide organization of media experts who deliver powerful insights on consumers and media platforms, trading expertise, market-leading brand-safe media, technology solutions, addressable TV, content, sports and more.
Discover more about GroupM at
Follow GroupM on LinkedIn -
GroupM and all its affiliates embrace and celebrate diversity, inclusivity, and equal opportunity.We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. We are a worldwide media agency network that represents global clients. The more inclusive we are, the more great work we can create together.