The Senior Teller is responsible for processing financial transactions that range from basic to complex in nature, including but not limited to: check cashing, larger withdrawals, deposits, and loan payments, while delivering exceptional customer service. The Senior Teller provides clients with information regarding Apple Bank’s products/services and refers them to more experienced colleagues in order to provide suitable financial solutions. The Senior Teller maintains and balances a cash drawer, listens to customers attentively and escalates issues to branch management when appropriate. The incumbent in this role provides guidance to newly hired teller staff during the interaction with customers and complies with required policies and procedures, to minimize risk and protect the financial well-being of the customer.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Processes teller transactions that range from routine to advanced, including check cashing, larger withdrawals, deposits, and loan payments, in accordance with Bank policies and procedures.
- Provides exceptional customer service in a prompt, efficient and courteous manner.
- Utilizes strong knowledge of Bank products/services to effectively assist customers; identifies sales opportunities, promotes suitable bank products/services by directing customers to the appropriate colleague within branch, meeting assigned referral goals.
- Assists with the training of newly hired tellers and acts as a mentor, providing guidance during interaction with customers.
- Assists the Supervisory Teller with the daily operation of the teller line; may assume role as required.
- Complies with Bank operational controls, including legal, corporate, and regulatory procedures, in order to minimize risk and protect the financial well-being of client; safeguard assigned cash and negotiable instruments.
- Maintains a cash drawer and follows proper balancing/reconciling procedures; prepares daily proof sheet at the close of business each day.
- Provides additional services, including the issuance of money orders, cashiers and travelers’ checks, and the exchange of foreign currency.
- Adheres to the Bank’s Code of Conduct.
- Performs other duties and tasks as requested.
Additional Duties & Responsibilities
- Performs non-teller clerical duties on a periodic basis.
- Displays a willingness to be cross-trained on non-teller functions.
- Assists with the opening and closing of bank vault.
- Works weekends/extended hours and at neighboring branch locations when necessary.
Skills, Education & Experience
- High school diploma or GED required.
- Minimum of 1 year of experience in teller functions required.
- Customer service focus with strong listening skills, eliciting information, comprehending customer issues/needs, and recommending solutions.
- Display strong knowledge of Apple Bank product offerings and services.
- Strong interpersonal and organizational skills required.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Displays courteous and friendly behavior.
- Detail orientated and able to function in a fast-paced environment.
- General math skills required.
- Basic computer skills.
Apple Bank offers Medical/Dental, Vision, 401k and Tuition Reimbursement to full time employees.
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, military and/or veteran status, or any other Federal or State legally-protected classes.