REMOTE POSITION (U.S. ONLY)
Reporting to the Threat Intelligence Product Manager, the Manager of Intelligence Analysis is responsible for running the daily operations of the Cofense Intelligence analyst team. This person will set priorities and define metrics for success for the analyst team. Furthermore, the Intelligence Analysis Manager will ensure all reporting meets analysis tradecraft standards.
- Lead a team of passionate threat intelligence analysts in daily analysis operations.
- Ensure analyst work product produces the highest-quality cyber threat intelligence reporting for Cofense Intelligence™ customers, meeting tradecraft standards to ensure assessments are well-based and evidence is thoroughly outlined.
- Provide advice and counsel for internal and external stakeholders regarding the phishing threat landscape based on operational findings.
- Develop and maintain industry-leading processes and procedures to ensure continuous and sustainable intelligence reporting delivery.
- Collaborate with product leadership, engineering, and marketing staff to maximize the value of Cofense Intelligence™ for its customers.
- Provide mentorship and professional development opportunities for a growing team of intelligence professionals and malware analysts.
- Represent Intelligence Team findings on customer briefings, webinars, and live presentations.
- Represent Cofense Intelligence in relevant working groups.
- Ability to assist with malware analysis preferred.
- Perform final editorial and tradecraft review on every written report produced by the team, including blogs, assessments, Flash Alerts, and Quarterly Reports.
- Other duties as assigned.
The above statements are neither intended to be an all-inclusive list of the duties and responsibilities of the job described, nor are they intended to be a listing of all of the skills and abilities required to do the job. Rather, they are intended only to describe the general nature of the job. This job description is not a contract of employment, either express or implied. Employment with Cofense will be voluntarily entered into and your employment is considered at will. Cofense reserves the right to alter the job description at any time without notice.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required
- Strong analytic skills with great attention to detail and accuracy in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong writer and communicator, able to ensure our reports are well-written, clear, and analytically sound.
- Ability to exercise independent judgement and creative problem-solving techniques.
- Malware analysis, digital forensics, and incident response skills.
- Strong knowledge of how phishing campaigns are created, used, and maximized for profit.
- Strong understanding of intelligence life cycle,
- Strong knowledge of Internet protocols including HTTP, HTTPS, SMTP, DNS.
- Ability to work with little direct oversight.
- Ability to articulate in at least six of the following concepts: analytic tradecraft standards, cyber kill chain, diamond model, advanced persistent threat, cybercrime, hacktivism, cyber fraud, malware and ransomware, social engineering, incident response, threat intelligence, and host and network-based security.
- Strong leadership skills, able to lead a diverse group of analysts.
- Knowledge of intersection of geopolitics and cyber threats.
- Understanding of law enforcement and information security investigations preferred.
Education and/or Experience:
- 5+ years of experience in information security or cyber threat intelligence.
- 3+ years of experience in information security management.
- Experience with intelligence tradecraft.
- Degree in computer science or related discipline preferred.
- Experience with intelligence reporting process including evidence gathering and presentation preferred.
- Experience in computer forensics preferred.
- Experience with malware sandbox technology preferred.
- Experience working in traditional Intelligence Community environment preferred.
- Previous training experience (i.e. Supervisor, trainer) preferred.
Cofense is committed to equal employment opportunity. We will not discriminate against employees or applicants for employment on any legally recognized basis [protected class] including, but not limited to: veteran status, uniform service member status, race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, genetic information or any other status or characteristic protected by applicable national, federal, state or local laws and ordinances. We adhere to these commitments in all aspects of employment, including recruitment, hiring, training, compensation, promotion, benefits, and discipline.