At QBE, our purpose is to give people the confidence to achieve their ambitions inside and outside of work. From development opportunities, to flexible work options and highly competitive reward and benefits packages, we understand the importance of living our values when it comes to our people. Everything we do at QBE is underpinned by our company's cultural elements - because we know it's not just what we do that matters, it's how we do it that makes the difference
The goal of an Agile Coach is to improve teams by increasing collaboration, innovation, and through coaching of techniques that promote adaptability and flexibility to better serve QBE customers.
- Coach, mentor and lead agile ways of working to uplift the QBE TS organisation to move to a vertically aligned cross functional model
- Support work in ways of working to drive an agile organisational culture by coaching teams to deliver the best they can to QBE customers
- Building and executing learning programs for QBE teams and strategic vendors to up skill Agile ways of working
- Coach team members as they transition into the new ways of working and beyond to reach their full potential
- Establish a coordinated network across QBE and vendors to ensure alignment on related activity and ensure re-usability across all investments in ways of working
- Help support and guide a community of practice
- Assist in the development of workshops, presentations and other events to increase capability uplift in Agile ways of working
- Work with 3rd party strategic vendors to ensure alignment to QBE agile framework
- Be an active contributor in the coaching cohort, wider Agile Community of Practice and the wider delivery community on the application of Agile practices
- Work with the Transformation Office and TS community to establish industry metrics to continuously assess teams' performance and maturity against vision and develop supporting initiatives to drive for improvements.
- Contribute to the ways of working work stream on capability assessments, supporting change for colleagues and continuously adapting our framework and metrics as we move to a vertical business aligned workforce
- Foster and nourish a spirit of collaboration within the team
- Support and mentor team members using the company's continuous performance conversation and development frameworks
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent combination of education and work experience
- 5 years relevant experience
- Assess, analyze and provide recommendations to drive capability within IT in successful agile delivery
- Facilitating and coaching remote teams
- Highly effective written and oral communication
- Participate in cross functional teams
- Coach, mentor and provide guidance and advice to senior leaders and cross functional teams across multiple geographies with the ability to adapt style to the context
- Build and maintain strong working relationships
- Facilitate discussions and manage and resolve conflict
- Using logic, reasoning and a methodical approach to identify innovative solutions to problems
- Lead through influence
- Elicit, analyse and clearly document process and governance requirements
- Engage with stakeholders and communicate in a structured manner
- Review and assess adherence to corporate project governance requirements
- Provide personalized and quality service to meet the expectations of customers
- SAFe, Scrum, Kanban, XP, Design Thinking, Coaching education
- Proven Agile coaching experience in large, complex organisations
- Proven Agile program delivery experience
- Proven results leading complex scale change to agile ways of working using SAFe, Scrum and Kanban
- Experience of building agility into traditionally structured organisations
- Developing learning agendas to successfully coach teams and individuals in Agility
- Proven results in coaching people, talent management and working in matrix management structures
- Strong understanding of capabilities required to deliver large and complex scale Business and IT agile projects.
QBE Cultural DNA
Everything we do at QBE is underpinned by our DNA (which interlinks seven cultural elements) -
because we know it's not just what we do that matters, it's how we do it that makes the difference.
We expect all employees to role model and inspire the right behaviors that link to our cultural
- We are customer-centered
- We are technical experts
- We are diverse
- We are fast-paced
- We are courageous
- We are accountable
- We are a team
All employees are expected to adhere to QBE's Code of Ethics and Conduct and apply sound risk management practices
- Travel frequency: Infrequent (approximately 1-4 trips annually)Physical demands: General office jobs: Work is generally performed in an office environment in which there is not substantial exposure to adverse environmental conditions. Must have the ability to remain in a stationary position for extended periods of time. Must be able to operate basic office equipment including telephone, headset and computer. Incumbent must be able to lift basic office equipment up to 20 lbs.
To successfully perform this job, the individual must be able to perform each essential job
responsibility satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable an individual with
disabilities to perform the essential job responsibilities.
Number of Openings:1
How to Apply:
To submit your application, click "Apply" and follow the step by step process.
Equal Employment Opportunity:
QBE is an equal opportunity employer and is required to comply with equal employment opportunity legislation in each jurisdiction it operates.
Equal Employment Opportunity
The companies of QBE North America are committed to equal employment opportunities. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, disability, marital or parental status, national origin, citizenship, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, or veteran status. All personal information contained in this application will be kept confidential as required by law.