Welcome to one of the toughest and most fulfilling ways to help people, including yourself. We offer the latest tools, most intensive training program in the industry and nearly limitless opportunities for advancement. Join us and start doing your life's best work.SM
The Supervisor Service Account Manager will function as UnitedHealthcare Brand Manager at Retail Sites Manage appointed retail business and lead direct reports to deliver quality, seamless, language and culturally appropriate service to Asian customers. Partner with Medicare Sales/ Agent Manager and Medicaid team to leverage retail as a distribution channel to grow Asian members for the enterprise.
This position is full-time (40 hours/week) Monday - Friday and some Saturdays during open enrollment season. Employees are required to work our normal business hours of 9:00am - 5:30pm. It may be necessary, given the business need, to work occasional overtime or weekends. Our office is located at 6402 8th Avenue, Brooklyn, NY 11229.
What we do defines who we are. Take a deeper look at how we're providing support during this global health crisis and search for a way you can get involved. View our Covid-19 Resources Page at:
- Work with internal and matrix teams to align operational practices and implement strategies to improve Customer Experience (NPS)
- Partner various teams (Medicaid, Sales, House Calls, PCS, etc) to leverage retail as a distribution channel to grow Asian members for the enterprise
- Work with Medicaid team Supervisor for cross referral and cross selling opportunity
- Accountable for team performance metrics, Advocat4 me, QA and territory sales goals
- Analyze business, performance and sales related reports. Identify business trends and opportunities and share with senior management team.
- Active participant and decision maker in business meetings
- Contribute to Retail business expansion
- Work with QA Supervisor to identify areas of improvement and coaching direct reports
- Coordinate and assign training resources for team
- Scheduling of manpower arrangement, PTO review and approval
- Coordinate manpower and resources support with counterparts in other retail sites
- Communicate corporate service operational protocols, updates, HR policy, facility, housekeeping procedures and practices to team
- Delegation and career development for direct reports
- Organize and host regular team meeting
- Work with vendors, local health plans and community based organizations and coordinate relevant services and health screenings in the retail space
- Build relationships with external community partners, providers and government agency for business opportunity
- Seek career development and training opportunity to advance leadership capability
- Perform customer service duties sales activities as needed
- Presenter for New Member Orientation and Town Hall meeting
- Coordinate facility maintenance issues with facility management
- Attend enterprise meeting related to job areas in different offices in NY
Decision Making Authority:
- Assign manpower and job duties to direct reports
- Approved direct report timesheets
- Approved direct report PTO request
- Daily retail operations decision
- Facility maintenance
- Recruitment and job offer
- New hire training and staff up training
- EMT and business continuity
- Disciplinary and Corrective actions
You'll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
Associate's Degree (or higher)
Bilingual fluency (written and verbal) in Chinese (Cantonese and Mandarin) and English
5+ years of customer service experience
Must have experience working with Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Outlook/email experience (creating, saving, formatting, editing documents; using formulas and Pivot tables; creating rules and using calendar.)
If you need to enter a work site for any reason, you will be
required to screen for symptoms using the ProtectWell mobile app,
Interactive Voice Response (i.e., entering your symptoms via phone system) or
similar UnitedHealth Group-approved symptom screener. When in a UnitedHealth
Group building, employees are required to wear a mask in common areas. In addition,
employees must comply with any state and local masking orders
Prior management experience
Health and /or general insurance sales experience
NY/NJ Health License or the ability to obtain one withing 60 days of employment
UnitedHealth Group is an essential business. The health and safety of our team members is our highest priority, so we are taking a science driven approach to slowly welcome and transition some of our workforce back to the office with many safety protocols in place. We continue to monitor and assess before we confirm the return of each wave, paying specific attention to geography - specific trends. At this time, 90% of our non - clinical workforce transitioned to a work at home (remote) status. We have taken steps to ensure the safety of our 325,000 team members and their families, providing them with resources and support as they continue to serve the members, patients and customers who depend on us.
Some of the steps we've taken to ensure employee well - being include:
- Transitioned our new hire training classes to be conducted virtually
- Launched our ProtectWell app and UnitedCARES program to help ease the burden and stress for our UnitedHealth Group team members and their immediate family affected by COVID - 19
- Daily updates from our CEO Dave Wichmann to support and inspire team members during this challenging time
- Onsite social distancing and increased sanitization measures for employees who have been welcomed back to our offices
- Fully cover the COVID - 19 healthcare costs for our employees
- Employees who self - identify as high risk or who live with someone who is high risk have been asked to remain working from home
You can learn more about all we are doing to fight COVID - 19 and support impacted communities at:
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Keywords: New York, supervisor, chinese, cantonese, mandarin, manager, customer service.