The Operations Supervisor leads the day-to-day activities of the branch teller unit, modeling the highest level of customer service while processing transactions and resolving potential client issues. The incumbent in this position delegates work assignments and provides coaching and instruction to staff, ensuring the timely and efficient completion of all client transactions in accordance with Apple Bank's policies and procedures. Acting as a role model, the Operations Supervisor conducts performance appraisals, handles coaching and counseling matters and trains new tellers. The Supervisor motivates tellers to reach and exceed their individual and team goals.General Description:
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Leads teller unit activities, motivating staff to provide superior customer service, while performing routine banking and client service duties.
- Oversees teller sales and service goals while balancing operational duties to ensure transactions are being handled accurately and efficiently.
- Manages work schedules and assigns tasks as needed throughout the workday.
- Trains new tellers to ensure procedures are understood and executed properly.
- Oversees daily operations by processing routine banking transactions and helping tellers resolve complex customer issues and complaints; provides prompt, courteous and efficient service to customers at all times.
- Performs cash management duties including the monitoring of the branch's reserve cash, distributing and collecting cash from tellers, handling all daily settlements, conducting monthly teller cash audits, maintaining records of all differences and assisting with the location/resolution of errors.
- Responds to immediate sales and service needs of the branch to reduce customer waiting time.
- Actively offers additional bank products and services by determining customer needs and informing them of new products/services or directing them to the appropriate personnel within the branch.
- Ensures that teller unit staff actively participates in the referral of suitable bank products/services.
- Conducts performance reviews utilizing objective, behavioral descriptions and outlines clear standards, goals and responsibilities.
- Interviews potential new hires and assists Branch Management with the selection of teller staff.
- Ensures employees are in compliance with Federal regulations and procedures, including but not limited to: Anti-Money Laundering (AML), Bank Secrecy Act (BSA) and Office of Foreign Assets Control (OFAC) requirements.
- Maintains detailed knowledge of the Bank's policies and procedures.
- Adheres to Apple Bank's Code of Conduct.
- Performs additional duties as needed or requested.
Additional Duties and Responsibilities:
- Works weekends and extended hours, or at neighboring branch locations when required.
- Contributes to a positive team environment.
- Ensures the development of branch personnel through cross training on teller duties and responsibilities.
- Assists with the opening and closing of cash vault.
- Conducts the proving of ATMs.
- Provides tellers with transaction approvals when necessary.
- Performs teller duties when necessary.
- Performs filing and general clerical duties.
Skills, Education and Experience:
- High school diploma or GED required; Bachelor's degree preferred.
- Minimum 4 years of experience in customer service or bank operations.
- Prior bank supervisory experience required.
- Must have ability to supervise, motivate, train, develop and evaluate staff.
- Demonstrates analytical, organizational and accuracy skills.
- Displays excellent listening, communication (verbal & written) and interpersonal skills.
- Possesses strong computer skills.
- Exhibits courteous and friendly behavior.
- Showcases a deep understanding of banking floor operations, policies and procedures.
- Possesses a thorough knowledge of various bank products and services.
- Exhibits a strong work ethic and high integrity.
- Demonstrates a willingness and desire to interact in a team environment.
- Possesses the ability to compute basic to moderately complex mathematical calculations.
Apple Bank offers Medical/Dental, 401k and Tuition Reimbursement to full time employees.
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, military and/or veteran status, or any other Federal or State legally-protected classes.