Shipper I (Shift 1)
- The Shipper II's primary responsibility shall be to select the product for a customer order.
- This person shall be responsible for accurately completing all shipping documentation and/or all computer system entries.
- Selection of products as specified on the shipping documentation, following all ISO procedures and accurately recording required data, following all Company guidelines & procedures.
- Ability to meet or exceed target levels for productivity regarding parcel and LTL shipping. Shipping accuracy consistently exceeds defined group target.
- Emphasis may be placed on international shipping assignments.
- Serves as back up to the Shipping Lead.
- Responsible for training Shipping Clerk I and be able to perform all their duties.
- Complete other duties as assigned by the Lead, Team Lead, Operations Supervisor, or the Distribution Center Manager.
- Trained on all Fork trucks and Order-Selectors to select products for shipping. As required, complete the daily Fork truck Inspection document.
- As required, process the shipments through both Parcel and LTL systems.
- As required, over pack, palletize and stretch wrap products for shipment.
- Record shipping details (weight, cases shipped, number of pallets, etc.) on the shipping documentation
- This person shall be trained on the proper operation of each piece of equipment prior to unsupervised operation.
- This person will be trained on the various ISO-9000 procedures that are followed to ship product to customers or to transfer product.
- Previous material handling experience is a plus.
- Competent math skills and legible handwriting are a requirement.
- Previous related work experience preferred. Education requirements can be obtained through an educational institution or gained through equivalent work experience.
- While performing this job, the employee is regularly working near moving equipment (stretch wrappers, forklift and conveyors).
- Vision requirements include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision and depth perception.
- This position is frequently required to lift up to 40 lbs. and move more than 100 pounds.
- While performing this job, an employee is regularly required to stand, walk and use hands to finger, handle or feel.
Schedule - 5am to 4 pm