The Marriott Park Ridge believes top tier Team Members deserve some recognition!
By securing a position with us you will be awarded with up to $1,000 in incentives paid throughout your first year!Incentives will be awarded on your 30th day employment PLUS your 6-month anniversary AND again on your 1-year anniversary!
The Marriott Park Ridge is seeking a Housekeeper to join their positive and talented team! Conveniently located a short distance from Woodcliff Lake, Nyack, The Outlets at Bergen Town Center and the bustle of New York City, the Marriott Park Ridge boasts 289 rooms, 18,000+ sq. ft. of event space and two restaurants on-site.
Job Overview: To clean and stock guest rooms to ensure high standards of cleanliness.
Responsibilities and Duties:
* Clean bathtub, toilet, sink, walls, mirrors, tiles, counters, and floor surfaces using cloths, mops, sponges, brushes, and/or cleaning agents by extending arms over head, bending and stooping.
* Strip and make beds, changing bed linens, which may require lifting bedspreads weighing a maximum of 40 lbs.
* Dust all furniture, pictures, drawers, window ledges, and shelves thoroughly.
* Replenish amenities, linens, and supplies in guest room.
* Report all suspicious persons or activities, hazardous conditions, etc. to Safety/Security Department.
* Provide general public assistance, instruction and/or guidance for guest and employee safety in fire or other emergency situations.
* Respond in a timely manner to guest requests of items such as an iron, safety instructions, assistance, directions, and/or other information.
* Turn in all items found in employee's working area to Hotel Lost and Found department.
* Other duties as assigned such as assisting room attendants or house person when requested.
Specific Job Knowledge and Skills:
The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that he or she can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation.
* Ability to push and/or pull equipment weighing up to 100 lbs.
* Ability to scrub and scour surfaces, extend arms over head to perform cleaning tasks, and work in confined spaces.
* Ability to communicate effectively with other employees, as well as guests.
* Basic ability to comprehend English language sufficient to understand information such as safety labels and instructions and basic guest requests.
* Ability to follow instructions, directions, and meet deadlines, including the thorough cleaning of a minimum of 13 rooms as specified by management.
* Ability to understand and follow directions and perform job functions under limited supervision.
* Regular attendance in conformance with the standards, which may be established from time to time, is essential to the successful performance of this position.
* Due to the cyclical nature of the hospitality industry, associates may be required to work varying schedules to reflect the business needs of the hotel. This includes nights, weekends and/or holidays.
* All employees must maintain a neat, clean and well-groomed appearance (specific standards available).
* Employee is always required to take on the responsibility and wear appropriate Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) as determined by position and duties.
* Complies with health and safety rules, regulations and procedures to maintain a safe environment.
Typical Working Conditions: Indoor and outdoor. Use of cleaning chemicals, consistent physical activity as outlined below.
Typical Equipment Used: Fully stocked housekeeping cart, vacuum cleaner, duster, lint roller, mop, cleaning chemicals and abrasives
Essential Physical Tasks Specialized Demands: Frequently (34%-66% of the time) Occasionally (1%-33% if of the time) Rarely (less than 1 hour per week)
Lifting Fewer than 10 pounds frequently, 11-50 pounds frequently, and 51+ rarely
Pushing/Pulling 10-20 pounds, frequently 21-100 pounds, frequently
Inside: Protection from weather conditions but not necessarily from temperature changes. A job is considered "inside" if the worker spends approximately 75 percent or more of the time inside.
* Basic ability to comprehend English language sufficient to understand information such as safety levels and instructions. Any combination of education and experience that provides the required knowledge, skills, and abilities.
* Previous cleaning experience preferred.
* Additional language ability preferred.