At Nokia, we create technology that helps the world act together.
As a trusted partner for critical networks, we are committed to innovation and technology leadership across mobile, fixed, and cloud networks. We create value with intellectual property and long-term research, led by the award-winning Nokia Bell Labs.
Adhering to the highest standards of integrity and security, we help build the capabilities needed for a more productive, sustainable, and inclusive world.
Watch to discover how we create meaningful interactions to drive human progress.
About Network Infrastructure
The mission of the Network Infrastructure (NI) Business Group is to be the most trusted partner for the world's most critical network infrastructure. NI will respond to the ever-increasing demand for networks with higher capacity, greater reliability, faster speeds, and lower costs.
Job Position Description:
Network Functions Manager - Transport (NFM-T) Software Development - Optical Management System
Our team is seeking energetic, creative individuals for a Software Developer position for Nokia Network Functions Manager - Transport (NFM-T) Optical Management System application.
NFM-T centralizes multiple network management and operations functions in one unified platform for the Nokia Optical portfolio. It allows network planning and operations staff to plan, deploy, and manage the network over the total life cycle. An intuitive, well-designed user interface makes complex networking features accessible and usable for end customers with a range of technical skills.
Job Responsibilities & Competencies
The candidate will be expected to develop/test optical management software features for the NFM-T project, contributing to a fast-paced and challenging development environment. Possibilities include server or GUI client development assignments.
Key Responsibilities / Functions:
- Interact with development team members to understand the scope and intent of the assignment
- Translate feature concepts into a software design and complete a peer review
- Develop and optimize feature functionality to meet the design specifications
- Resolve any software issues found during testing of the feature
- The candidate will be at the front end of the R&D process, directly reporting to an R&D Technical manager in the area of Optical Network Management
- The candidate will have a peer relationship with Network Element Developers
- Interactions with all development and test teams is expected daily
Qualifications: (Education, Technical Skills/Knowledge)
- A degree in a technical field such as Computer Science, IT.
- Three or more years of work experience in a relevant field (e.g. telecommunications)
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Fluency in English
- Experience with Linux environments (Red Hat, CentOS, ORACLE Linux or Ubuntu)
- Strong scripting skills for ksh/bash/perl
- Familiarity with build tools like maven is desired
- Programming experience with sql database
- Exposure to Eclipse or IntellliJ, GIT, Maven/Gradle, Shell
Imagine creating technology that has the potential to change the world. Working with us, you will have a positive impact on people's lives and help to overcome some of the world's most pressing challenges. We act inclusively and respect the uniqueness of people.
Nokia is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to diversity and inclusion. At Nokia, employment decisions are made regardless of sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, race, ethnic origin, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship, age, marital status, physical or mental disability, genetic information or ancestry, protected Veteran or military status, or other characteristics protected by law. Nokia culture welcomes people as their true selves. Come create technology that helps the world act together.