Overview To be part of our organization, every employee should understand and share in the YNHHS Vision, support our Mission, and live our Values. These values - integrity, patient-centered, respect, accountability, and compassion - must guide what we do, as individuals and professionals, every day.
The Patient Service Associate I maintains all patient medical records. Essential duties and responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- 1.Maintain electronic medical records and/or paper medical charts in accordance with NEMG policies and procedures.
- 2.Follow HIPPA guidelines for the management of patient privacy and confidentiality.
- 3.Scan all necessary documents into the medical records.
- 4.Make copies of medical records or extract related information from the EMR for compliance audits, life insurance requests, copies for physicians or patient/family.
- 5.Obtain necessary authorizations for the release of medical records.
- 6.Answer telephone calls to office, assists callers in a pleasant manner, takes accurate and complete messages and refer callers to appropriate personnel when necessary.
- 7.Maintain proper telephone etiquette when speaking with patients/companies and healthcare team.
- 8.Responsible for daily activities including distribution of faxes, filing, photocopying, opening and sorting mail.
- 9.Attend and actively participate in staff meetings.
- 10.Collaborate in the development of and contributes to individual team, and department quality improvement and evaluation activities.
- 11.Advocate on behalf of vulnerable individuals and populations.
- 12.Contribute to a work environment that fosters ongoing educational experiences for self, colleagues, healthcare professionals and members of the community.
- 13.Collaborate in developing a work environment where continuous quality improvements in practice are pursued.
- 14.Utilize appropriate methods for interacting effectively and professionally with persons of all ages and from diverse cultural, socioeconomic, educational, racial and ethnic backgrounds, sexual orientations, lifestyles and physical abilities.
- 15.Coordinate efforts to gain patient and family feedback regarding their experiences of healthcare (focus groups, surveys and other means) and participate in interventions which address articulated needs.
- 16.Adheres to patient satisfaction standards as established by NEMG.
- 17.Provide cross coverage as needed.
- 18.Performs all other related/additional tasks as requested by physicians and/or management.
High School degree or equivalent required.
Minimum of 1-2 years applicable work experience in a primary care or specialist office or hospital setting required.
Excellent, organizational, communication, customer service and teamwork skills required.
Ability to multi-task is essential.
EMR experience preferred and working knowledge of Microsoft office applications required.
Core philosophy or values consistent with a patient-centered approach to care.
Demonstrates professional, appropriate, effective and tactful written, verbal and nonverbal communication with patients, families, medical staff, colleagues, vendors, and other departments throughout the continuum of care to promote continuity of care and services and enhance clinical image.
MMR is required. Varivax (chicken pox vaccine) or evidence of prior chicken pox is required. Hepatitis B (or signed declination) is required for those with potential exposure to blood/body fluids.
Tdap and influenza vaccination are strongly encouraged.
Must have the ability to drive to off-site storage areas. Must be able to climb up to access medical charts stored on higher shelves. Must have the ability to lift and carry heavy, multiple medical charts.
Lane Construction offers a comprehensive benefits package with an excellent opportunity to grow and be part of one of the most respected names in the construction industry. Women and minorities are encouraged to apply. Lane is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V.