THE DIVISION'S STORY
Most people don't realize the importance of the Finance department in keeping our business operating without hitches and delays. That's probably because we oversee many of the more quietly glamorous, back-office functions that drive our bottom line. We not only forecast, build and manage budgets, we also collect and analyze important data that helps leadership make the best decisions. All of this sounds exciting to you because you love numbers and spreadsheets, and especially love great entertainment.
THE ROLE: Director of Finance, International Division
The Director of Finance will be a key member of the International Finance team and will contribute towards optimizing the growth and performance of the International business by leading consolidation, reporting and analysis of the P&L and balance sheet. This role will have extensive interactions with International Business senior executives, Corporate executives and our Owned & Operated channels in Asia.
MORE ABOUT WHAT YOU'LL DO:
Director of Finance, International Division
- Support the annual budget, 5 Year Plan and quarterly forecast processes for the International business
- Partner with department budget managers to understand business strategies and objectives, and build and manage budgets that support the division's goals
- Develop and maintain financial forecasts for the business and track key variances, changes and opportunities in actual results vs forecasts
- Analyze and interpret financial data and present the information to senior management in both the International and Corporate divisions
- Manage the monthly close process, including approving journal entries, creating the month-end close package and flagging any potential issues/risks through timely variance analysis, ensuring all accounting is done in accordance with USGAAP
- Review and consolidate reporting from our Owned & Operated channels in Singapore, Japan and Korea for budgets, forecasts and monthly closes; work closely with their finance teams to ensure information is accurate and in accordance with USGAAP
- Manage the quarterly balance sheet consolidation process for the entire International division and coordination with Corporate finance
- Oversee intercompany reconciliation process with the Owned & Operated channels
- Work closely with other key functions including A/R, A/P, Tax, Sales, Royalties, Legal, and IT
- Oversee additional projects, analyses and business initiatives as needed
- Manage a team of 1 - 2 people while still making individual contributions
WHAT YOU'LL LEARN:
On our team, you'll have the opportunity to have influence over the division's key goals and objectives. You'll learn that our team is genuinely collaborative and that all ideas are welcome. You will work with a highly dynamic and truly global team and get exposure to all levels of the organization.
- BA/BS in Accounting (CPA Preferred)
- Minimum of 8-10 years of related experience, with a minimum of 3 years of public accounting experience preferred
- SAP ECC (general ledger) and SAP BPC (reporting module) experience preferred
- Strong Excel skills required
- Top candidates will have media industry experience or expertise
- Exceptional interpersonal, organizational, communication and decision-making skills
- Problem-solver who is detail-oriented and takes pride in producing exceptional deliverables
- Self-starter with ability to plan, prioritize and organize work for self and team to meet tight deadlines
- Communicates ideas and/or position on a variety of issues both verbally and in written form in a clear, concise and professional manner to employees and business partners at all levels
- Strong analytical and financial management and planning skills
- Strong financial reporting experience relating to consolidated groups, multinational and multidivisional companies preferred
A+E Networks is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer, and provides equal employment opportunity for all persons, in all facets of employment. We encourage veterans, disabled veterans and disabled individuals to apply for any open position for which they feel they are qualified.