UX Design Manager
Frontier is seeking a talented, full-time UX Design Manager to join our growing Design team. As a Designer leader, you will work closely with designers, product managers, writers, and marketing team members across our footprints to create user experiences that allow us to bring exceptional service to our customers. You will manage and lead a growing team of designers to evolve Frontier's digital tools and service design experiences. You will lead by example, defining design solutions, solving user problems, and managing the design work of assigned products that align with supporting business goals and customer needs.
Please include URLs for an online portfolio in addition to resume.
Skills & Qualifications:
- Lead a team of Interaction Designers to create flow diagrams and wireframes to communicate UI design concepts.
- Work with product management and development teams to establish design directions that meet market requirements while balancing user needs with technical capabilities.
- Coach, manage, and hire designers with different skill sets and technical areas of expertise
- Coordinate usability evaluations with target users and distill findings into applicable results.
- Manage the development and communication of design guidelines, patterns and libraries
- Work seamlessly with Front End Development to ensure quality experiences
- Ability to work cross-functionality to complete objectives
- BS/BA in Design, HCI, or related fields - required
- 7+ years related UX experience (e.g., Interaction Designer, Visual Designer, Product Designer, UX Researcher etc.)
- 3 years of experience managing or leading design teams
- Demonstrated skill applying best UI design principles and practices
- Strong knowledge of quantitative and qualitative research methods
- Proficient in using a prototyping tool such as: Sketch, and Adobe Creative Suite
- Worked in an Agile/Kanban environment
- Articulate the thinking behind your decisions by providing constructive and detailed design critiques with supportive rationale - best practices, UX principles
- Exists on the cutting edge of UX design - and pushes our user research, testing, and design infrastructure and practices.
Your portfolio of representative work should:
- Show that you are passionate and appreciate elegant simplicity in human interfaces.
- Demonstrate fundamental Interaction Design philosophies and best practices.
Frontier Communications is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.