Company DescriptionJob Description
NielsenIQ seeks an enthusiastic, business-oriented and creative Legal Project Manager/Paralegal to support the M&A legal team. The successful candidate will assist the internal M&A legal team with all aspects of mergers, acquisitions, dispositions, joint ventures, equity investments, licensing, alliances and other sophisticated corporate transactions.
Essential duties and responsibilities include the following and others as assigned:
- Assist with coordinating due diligence, preparing and reviewing disclosure schedules, and creating and maintaining virtual data rooms, all in close coordination with internal attorneys, other internal company functions and external counsel.
- *Prepare, review, and revise (and maintain a database of templates for) preliminary and other basic deal documents, including due diligence questionnaires, engagement letters, confidentiality and non-disclosure agreements, term sheets, letters of intent, disclosure schedules, closing certificates and signing/closing checklists.
- *Manage document review process, including preparing comparisons; collecting, tracking and reviewing comments; following up on internal feedback and incorporating modifications and revisions as appropriate.
- Lead internal coordination of deal execution, including tracking progress, coordinating signature pages and maintaining database of closing files and post-closing covenants.
- Design, develop, implement and maintain processes, systems and tools to promote the efficient and organized execution of M&A activities internally.
- Provide direct support to internal clients (using discretion to handle matters directly or involving an attorney as necessary).
- Serve as an internal resource for and respond to questions about processes, summaries, reports, metrics, tools, resources, databases and best practices related to all aspects of M&A activity internally.
- Other similar duties and special projects as assigned.
QualificationsAdditional InformationAll your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
- *Bachelors degree required (preferably in a related field).
- Minimum of two years of M&A (or other similar transactional) paralegal experience at a law firm or in-house legal department (preferred but not required).
- *Paralegal certificate (preferred but not required).
- Excellent organizational and communication skills (including written and verbal communication).
- *Ability to multitask while paying very close attention to detail and adhering to deadlines in a fast-paced business environment.
- *Ability to professionally, confidently and independently interact with individuals at all levels of the organization with a focus on client service.
- Must be a proactive, self-starter with a high level of initiative and the ability to anticipate needs.
- Solutions-oriented with solid strategic thinking and problem-solving skills.
- Exercises good judgment and recognizes when to ask for help or escalate issues.
- Demonstrates strong technical skills (MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint and general database websites and systems).
- Flexibility to work outside of regular working hours, as needed.
NielsenIQ is a global measurement and data analytics company that provides the most complete and trusted view available of consumers and markets worldwide. We provide consumer packaged goods manufacturers/fast-moving consumer goods and retailers with accurate, actionable information and insights and a complete picture of the complex and changing marketplace that companies need to innovate and grow. Our approach marries proprietary NielsenIQ data with other data sources to help clients around the world understand what's happening now, what's happening next, and how to best act on this knowledge. We like to be in the middle of the action. That's why you can find us at work in over 90 countries, covering more than 90% of the world's population. For more information, visit .
NielsenIQ is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action-Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability status, age, marital status, protected veteran status or any other protected class.
Nielsen is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action-Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability status, age, marital status, protected veteran status or any other protected class.