Elementis offers performance-driven additives that help create innovative formulations for consumer and industrial markets, including Personal Care, Coatings, Chromium, Energy and Talc. Finding opportunities to enhance our customers' performance is at the heart of what we do-and has been for more than 175 years. We own unique raw materials, including the only high-grade hectorite mine in the world, and a leading source of high-purity talc. With our advanced technical solutions, we transform those materials to become innovative, performance-enhancing products for our customers. Elementis is a UK-listed global specialty chemicals company with operations worldwide and employs over 1,300 people at more than 30 locations worldwide.
Job Description SummaryThe Personal Care Innovation Manager position will be responsible for identifying and developing new raw materials and unique chemistry solutions to current and emerging needs led by market, regulatory and commercial drivers.
Closely work with a team of synthetic chemists to generate novel compositions at bench scale and assist in scale up of technology
* Provides guidance and technical direction on project briefs, formulations, and lab trials.
* Evaluates and provides guidance based on the performance of new prototypes against project goals and benchmarks
* Identify, coordinate, and work with external research, academic and new venture partners to discover and present new technology and innovation platforms to leadership team
* Translate voice of the customer and customer unmet needs to material performance requirements
* Work on multiple projects simultaneously to ensure timely deliverables are met
* Communicate the Research & Innovation product vision, new technologies, product ideas, and new ingredients to higher management and to cross-functional teams in order to bring a proactive thinking regarding product development.
* Perform an active role in new product brainstorming sessions with Marketing and R&D. Develop new concepts and present ideas to Marketing.
* Review patent landscape to identify market launches and cross industry inspiration
* Responsible for training technical service, applications and commercial teams on new product launches.
* Follow all related safety and environmental rules and regulations
Additional Job Description
Elementis is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on a basis of disability.
If you are an individual with a disability in need of assistance at any time during our recruitment process, please contact us at . Please note: This email is reserved for individuals with disabilities in need of assistance and is not a means of inquiry about positions or application status. EEOC Poster