To be part of our organization, every employee should understand and share in the YNHHS Vision, support our Mission, and live our Values. These values - integrity, patient-centered, respect, accountability, and compassion - must guide what we do, as individuals and professionals, every day.
The Surgical Tech in the Operating Room participates with a team in the preparation, maintenance, breakdown of sterile and unsterile supplies for the surgical cases. He/she may act as a scrub assistant, and assistant to the surgeon as needed. Able to provide appropriate care for the patients served, regardless of age.
- 1. Accountable for the delivery of quality patient care in the Operating Room.
- 1.1 Assists with the transportation of patients to and from the O.R.
- 2. Assists with the preparation of equipment and supplies required for the surgical procedure.
- 2.1 Plans for and coordinates supplies and equipment for intra operative use.
- 3. Participates as a team member in the implementation of the patients' plan of care.
- 3.1 Demonstrates proficiency with procedures and equipment appropriateto the O.R. as demonstrated by the skills check list.
- 4. Demonstrates responsibility to the department and a commitment to personal career growth.
- 4.1 Attends 80% of required unit staff meetings; reads and initials all meeting minutes.
- 5. Contributes to the productivity and efficient operation of the department.
- 5.1 Uses time efficiently in regard to overtime and completes assignments with minimal errors and within the shift, as observed by the nurse manager and clinical leaders
- 6. Responsible for promoting the Greenwich Hospital Quality Service Excellence Standards.
- 6.1 Maintains patient's privacy and confidentiality at all times according to hospital standards.
- 7. The staff member must be able to demonstrate the knowledge and skills necessary to provide care appropriate to the age of the patients served on his or her assigned unit. The individual must demonstrate knowledge of the principles of growth and development over the life span and possess the ability to assess data reflective of the patient's status and interpret the appropriate information needed to identify each patient's requirements relative to his or her age-specific needs, and to provide the care needed as described in the unit's/area's/department's policies and procedures.
- 7.1 Embrace shared goals versus narrower interests; actively cooperative vs. competitive or non-committal.
- 8. Knowledgeable/Accountable/Fiscally Responsible
- 8.1 Continually seeks ways to sustain and improve one's skills.
- 9. Flexible/Open-Minded
- 9.1 Listens with an open mind to other's opinions in the spirit of finding and following the best ideas.
- 10. Treats the people we serve as guests.
- 10.1 Welcomes patient, visitors and staff in a warm, friendly manner; is courteous ; makes eye contact and smiles; introduces self by name and, when appropriate, by position; addresses people by name whenever possible.
- 11. Listens to patients, visitors and staff and acts promptly to address concerns.
- 11.1 Uses active listening techniques to understand other's needs and acts decisively to resolve problems.
- 12. Respects the privacy and confidentiality of patient's, visitors and staff.
- 12.1 Treats all patient related and other discussions with discretion; eliminates gossip; does not discuss patient or hospital business in elevators or other public areas.
- 13. Presents a professional image.
- 13.1 Wears name badge in a highly visible location; adheres to department dress code; makes sure that appearance is appropriate for professional role.
- 14. Answers the telephone professionally.
- 14.1 Answers the phone promptly following department guidelines; introduces self and department and as appropriate, offers assistance. Uses a pleasant tone of voice.
- 15. Maintains a clean and safe environment
- 15.1 Keeps work are safe and clean; keeps hallways clear.
- 16. Anticipates what services and information people need and takes action to provide it.
- 16.1 Watches for clues that patients or visitors require assistance. Asks 'May I help you?'. Escorts them to their destination, if necessary, Encourages people to ask questions.
- 17. A Quality attribute for those in a leadership role.
- 17.1 Engages in open, honest, and clear coaching discussion that builds commitment through straightforward feedback two-way dialogue, and emphasis on problem-solving.
- 18. Teamwork
- 18.1 Embrace shared goals versus narrower interests; actively cooperative vs. competitive or non-committal. Seeks to understand other's priorities and processes, and openly shares potentially useful information. Understands the importance to the team/group of consistently dependable work. Recognizes and takes opportunities to help others through handling an already full workload.
High school; graduate from certified surgical tech program National Certification as a Surgical Technologist Preferred
Must meet the criteria for Surgical Tech, minimum of 2 years current experience preferred in an operating room and consistently demonstrates competent practice in assigned service. Maintains his/her certification.
National Certification as a Surgical Technologist preferred.
Ability to perform scrub assistant responsibilities at advanced level. This individual is highly motivated and self-directed and requires minimal supervision in accomplishing his/her duties and responsibilities. He/she actively contributes to the knowledge and growth of self and others and is able to assume more responsibilities outside of his/her area of expertise. Essentials duties include the following. Other duties may be assigned. Precepts new staff and collaborates with other members of the surgical team on meeting the education needs of this group, and monitors their progress.
May be exposed to infectious diseases, hazardous waste and radiation.
Lane Construction offers a comprehensive benefits package with an excellent opportunity to grow and be part of one of the most respected names in the construction industry. Women and minorities are encouraged to apply. Lane is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V.