To be part of our organization, every employee should understand and share in the YNHHS Vision, support our Mission, and live our Values. These values - integrity, patient-centered, respect, accountability, and compassion - must guide what we do, as individuals and professionals, every day.
The Nurse Practitioner is a licensed professional provider who functions in collaboration with an attending with an attending physician in a variety of practice settings at YNHHS. Provides exceptional direct diagnostic and therapeutic patient care to the highest standards of the organization as part of a multidisciplinary team. Cultivates a patient centric environment which focuses on the whole individual inclusive of physical, psychosocial, spiritual and functional needs of the patient, family, and significant others. Serves as the focal professional for the continuity of care in patient care within scope of practice standards, as well as specialty specific standards to address and resolve problems that may arise.
Psychiatry and Behavioral Health at Greenwich Hospital is seeking to employ a full-time licensed nurse practitioner who provides assessment, consultation, and intervention (including medication management) to patients and education to staff and families. Psychiatry and Behavioral Health provides hospital-based and off-site outpatient, consultation-liaison and emergency services for a diverse psychiatric population. The nurse practitioner works collaboratively with the attending psychiatrist, hospitalists, and other physicians, utilizing a team approach in the care of the patient. The nurse practitioner provides exceptional direct diagnostic and therapeutic patient care to the highest standards of the organization as part of a multidisciplinary team, cultivating a patient centric environment which focuses on the whole individual inclusive of physical, psychosocial, spiritual and functional needs of the patient, family, and significant others. Serves as the focal professional for the continuity of care in patient care within scope of practice standards, as well as specialty specific standards to address and resolve problems that may arise.
- 1. Clinical Care * The Nurse Practitioner (NP) provides assessment, triage, and therapeutic management of patient/family needs throughout the disease process as an integral part of an interdisciplinary team. The NP, whether the practice setting is the inpatient, ambulatory, or outpatient settings, provides optimal patient care, from diagnostic to prognostic matters. This individual works in collaboration with the attending supervising/collaborating physician(s) in accordance with state law and hospital regulations, hospital policy, protocols and clinical pathways and may provide autonomous team based care. * Obtains medical histories, performs physical examinations, reviews/orders diagnostic/therapeutic tests and radiologic results, formulates and manages patient treatment plans. The NP may perform procedures, prescribes treatment and medications in accordance with institutional and state guidelines, as well as, when necessary for scope within specialty or professional competency standards. In some clinical specialties, the NP/PA may have autonomous or independent practice managing certain patient populations. * The NP may also function as first or second assistant on operative cases (as long as within position scope and job educational prerequisites are in place), using fine motor skills and manual dexterity. * Other clinical job duties may be applied in accordance with departmental and operational goals, training related to profession and practice necessitated guidelines and responsibilities, inclusive but not limited to responding to emergency situations within the YNHHS parameters
- 2. Patient Education & Psychosocial Support * The NP will educate patients/families on care and recommended or available resources. In collaboration with the supervising/collaborating MD, this may be inclusive of admitting instructions, treatment plan, actual and potential side effects of treatments/medications, and discharge plan. * The NP, as part of a multidisciplinary team, provides psychosocial support to patients, their family members, and significant others in a caring, ethical, and professional manner. 10%
- 3. Information Management * The NP ensures appropriate documentation within the accordance of hospital and regulatory requirements and protects information of all forms, whether computer-based, paper, film, voice, or other media from unauthorized access modification, destruction, or intentional or accidental disclosure.
- 4. Quality Management * The NP is expected to demonstrate a high standard of moral and ethical behavior, professionalism, compassion, and commitment to patient care. * Ensures compliance with patient related healthcare regulatory requirements, standards and recommendations.
- 5. Professional Development * The NP continuously engages in projects that maintain and advance professional competency. * The NP serves as a clinical resource for new house staff and may provide service specific orientation pertinent to clinical education * Consistently demonstrates high reliability organizational behaviors through reporting safety events as well as near misses. * The NP continuously engages in projects that maintain and advance professional competency. * Maintains all employee requirements determined by hospital policy. * The NP may serve as a clinical preceptor for NP students and other health care professionals and may serve as a mentor to pre-NP candidates. * The NP may collaborate on research, quality assurance projects, and assist with the formation of protocols that will be applied to clinical practice or further their educational and clinical expertise.
Graduate from an accredited Nurse Practitioner Program
Prefer clinical working experience as an NP within the given specialty/service line recommended, but none required.
clinical working experience as an NP within outpatient and consultation-liaison psychiatry preferred
Connecticut State Registered Nurse License Connecticut State Nurse Practitioner License Board specialty certification, as appropriate for position profile ACLS/BLS Certified, when indicated for position profile DEA License, when indicated for position profile PALS, when indicated for pediatric care NRP Certification, when indicated for neonatal care
Lane Construction offers a comprehensive benefits package with an excellent opportunity to grow and be part of one of the most respected names in the construction industry. Women and minorities are encouraged to apply. Lane is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V.