At Nokia, we create technology that helps the world act together.
As a trusted partner for critical networks, we are committed to innovation and technology leadership across mobile, fixed, and cloud networks. We create value with intellectual property and long-term research, led by the award-winning Nokia Bell Labs.
Adhering to the highest standards of integrity and security, we help build the capabilities needed for a more productive, sustainable, and inclusive world.
Watch to discover how we create meaningful interactions to drive human progress.
The role leads the Nokia compliance program in Nokia's North America and also be the lead Compliance spoc for Nokia Bell Labs. The Role reports to the Global Head of Ethics & Compliance, Regional & Business Group Compliance. The Role requires strong working relationships with leaders in the business and functions (Legal & Compliance, Finance, People and others) in the NAM Region. The Role also requires extensive collaboration and coordination with other members of the global Ethics & Compliance team.
The role is responsible for the design and implementation of compliance plan required for the various countries, aligned to the Regional and global Compliance Strategy. The role will be accountable for promoting and monitoring world-class compliance practices within each country and will drive and embed a culture of ethics and integrity within the organisation by:
- Devising and implementing various compliance programs required for the NAM Region, including hands on support to entire leadership team in the Region
- Delivering trusted and effective "compliance and risk management" support across the NAM Region
- Supporting and delivering assurance on the effectiveness of the local compliance controls framework and business continuity and risk mitigation controls
- Gaining commitment to building a culture of compliance through effective implementation of policies, processes, localised training and support
- Monitoring compliance with policies and processes across the site
- Building strong, effective and proactive relationships within and outside Company to help foster a culture of Competitive Distinction Through Integrity
- Working closely with local People and Procurement leads, and the Global Compliance officers, to coordinate effective compliance management
- Collaborate with People, CFO, Procurement and other subject matter-focused "2nd line" functions", as well as Global, Regional and Local Compliance officers, on program design, implementation and support.
- Ensure, that effective compliance programs are in place, across the Global Policy areas
- Influence and engage with senior leaders ensuring thorough self-awareness of the compliance issues that may impact delivery of the Corporate Strategy (financially and/or reputational).
- Develop and maintain relationships with business leaders to ensure compliance strategies and plans are understood and remain supportive of effective management oversight and action.
- Drive a robust Training and compliance communications program in the region as well as support senior leaders in driving compliance.
- Embed the Global Risk Framework (CCF) in coordination with the market leadership; and implement and monitor mitigation plans.
- Act as the primary contact point and internal expert with respect to compliance matters requiring external reporting to, or inquiries made by, regulatory and law enforcement agencies.
- Ensure that appropriate training on compliance-related topics, latest policies and/or procedures is provided to managers and employees.
- Implement and oversee robust open reporting, monitoring and auditing systems to ensure the effectiveness of the global Compliance strategy and framework in the NAM market, and provide assurance that the highest standards of integrity and ethical behaviour are applied throughout all activities of the business.
- Identify compliance matters that require follow-up or investigation, and, as appropriate, conduct investigations, or otherwise refer issues to the appropriate internal investigating body. As appropriate, such management shall include directly investigating some complaints; overseeing the investigation of others; and partnering with People organisation to ensure the implementation of consistent disciplinary action.
- Support and facilitate global audit activities and ensure identified gaps/risk are remediated within an agreed timeframe.
- lead and support Nokia Bell Labs in running an effective compliance program, including providing guidance on sponsorship, donations and other related hospitality.