GKN Aerospace is the world's leading multi-technology tier 1 aerospace supplier. With 50manufacturing locations in 15countries, we serve over 90% of the world's aircraft and engine manufacturers. We design and manufacture innovative smart aerospace systems and components. Our technologies are used in aircraft ranging from the most used single aisle aircraft and the largest passenger planes in the world to business jets and the world's advanced 5th generation fighter aircraft.
About the opportunity
GKN Aerospace is a global engineering business. Every time you travel by air almost anywhere in the world, it is likely that GKN is helping you on your way. We design, manufacture and service systems and components for original equipment manufacturers around the world. We are continuously evolving, pioneering new technologies and reinventing existing ones, stretching ourselves to bebetter in everything we do.
We are looking for people who want to make a difference, talented members with the skills and passions to become the best of the future in what they do.
The Production Supervisor (Team Leader) is accountable for achieving the People, Safety, Quality, Delivery, Cash and Cost (PSQDCC) targets through the disciplined and rigorous deployment of the Lean Operating Model. The Team Leader is accountable for attaining Operational Excellence across their designated area of responsibility, in line with the Performance Centre objectives. The Team Leader is accountable for creating a 'Great Place To Work' through developing and empowering first class Team Members and driving a culture of continuous improvement, safe working and open dialogue.
* Are you a Team Leader who thrives when helping operators grow and develop, and are constantly looking for coachable moments to upskill them?
* Do you love solving problems and want to go beyond just fixing them - identifying root causes, finding optimal solutions, and implementing process improvements to prevent future issues?
* Are you driven by a need to exceed your customers, your team, and your company expectations?
* Can you push your team to deliver the highest quality products and solutions in a timely manner and still have their esteem?
* Do you thrive in leveraging the talent of your team to consistently increase performance and productivity?
* Do you flourish when you can make decisions and own its consequences?
* Are you a person who has a natural authority to get things done and who actively deals with poor behaviours or performance?
* Create and sustain a culture that is aligned to the GKN Aerospace "Great Place To Work" value drivers and Culture Principles by role-modelling behaviours, motivating, encouraging and recognising the contribution of Team Members.
* Hold Team Members and fellow Team Leaders accountable to embody the GKNA culture principles
* Be Open and Honest when appraising and managing individuals' performance whilst supporting and coaching individuals to close performance gaps
* Provide opportunities for Team Members to play to their strengths; do what they do best and create on-going opportunities for learning and personal development
* Exemplifying a safety-first mind-set and ensuring that the GKN Aerospace Health, Safety and Environmental policies and standards are applied and that their assigned areas are a model of a world class healthy and safe working environment
* Leading and developing their teams to understand the context, mechanics and the delivery of PSQDCC targets to meet customer and stakeholder commitments
* Driving the disciplined and rigorous deployment of the Lean Operating Model (LOM) across their assigned areas
* Developing first-class Team Members who embody the GKN culture principles and are readily able to progress to become Team Leaders or take other roles in the business
* Active involvement in problem solving and the management system using a 'Go to Gemba' approach to solve problems with the ambition that 95% of issues can be solved within the zone itself
* Contributing to the Value Stream future state design, and ensuring its execution across their assigned areas
* Cooperate with other Team Leaders to ensure the best performance outcomes for the entire Area
* Holding the functional support staff accountable for adhering to the Global standards and enabling their zone team to meet its targets
* Responsibility for managing a Zone budget as agreed with their Group Leader
* Taking ownership when having to make difficult decisions linked to their Zone
* High School Diploma required.
* Leadership capabilities.
* Previous experience in a manufacturing environment is preferred.
* Able to demonstrate competence to undertake key tasks within their designated work zone or those in zones within similar processes
* Excellent performance as a Team member, demonstrating rigorous adherence to standardized work, and a track record of Kaizen implementation
* Self-motivated by meeting and exceeding PSQDCC performance targets
* The demonstrated ability to work with various stakeholders
* Demonstrated potential to lead, engage, train and develop direct reports
* An effective communicator and an influential team member
* Experience working with a Lean Operating Model / Production System
* Lean or Six Sigma certification by a reputable certifying body or benchmark company
* Must be a US Citizen due to program security clearance requirements and/or SSA requirements.
Diversity Inclusion and Belonging (DIB)
As a global engineering company, innovation is what differentiates us from our competitors and is central to our success.
A balance of cultures, ethnicities and genders help bring new ideas and creativity to GKN. We need people of different backgrounds, with different skills and perspectives to spark originality, imagination and creativeness in our teams around the world.
GKN is an equal opportunity employer.
We treat all our employees and applicants fairly and are committed to ensuring that there is no discrimination or harassment against any employee or qualified applicant on the grounds of age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, or veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Nearest Major Market: Alexander City