Elementis offers performance-driven additives that help create innovative formulations for consumer and industrial markets, including Personal Care, Coatings, Chromium, Energy and Talc. Finding opportunities to enhance our customers' performance is at the heart of what we do-and has been for more than 175 years. We own unique raw materials, including the only high-grade hectorite mine in the world, and a leading source of high-purity talc. With our advanced technical solutions, we transform those materials to become innovative, performance-enhancing products for our customers. Elementis is a UK-listed global specialty chemicals company with operations worldwide and employs over 1,300 people at more than 30 locations worldwide.
Job Description SummaryThis is a position within the business segment Coatings.The aim of the position is to improve the organization's market position and achieve business growth. The position uncovers and quantifies growth opportunities (and risks) for Elementis to drive profitable growth, it opens and builds key customer relationships, identifies business opportunities and maintains extensive knowledge of current and future market conditions. The position will work closely with the sales managers in the regions, Global Key Account Managers and the Marketing and R&D functions to increase drive new sales opportunities and long term success. In addition the position will work on a variety of projects within the organization.
The purpose of this position is to:
1.Market research current and potential products, customers, distributors and market segments
2.Identify and line up New Business Opportunities in line with the business strategy
3.Develop and enhance technical relationship with current and new customers
4.Assist and support sales from a technical capacity
5.Co-lead new product launches and other projectsSummary
Ad 1. Market research current and potential products, customers, distributors and market segments
- Conduct research, network and understand the trends, markets, customers, competitors, products, technologies, applications, contacts, value proposition, and company capabilities
- Provide market/customer feedback on our competition; product performance gaps; pricing issues; etc. to marketing and commercial leaders.
- Develop and maintain awareness of changes in market characteristics which could impact strategic plans, including technology changes, competitive activity, etc
- Analyze, report and present market and customer insights, ensure that information is recorded properly, in time, in full, and transferred and accessible to others, also to business segments other than Coatings (if warranted)
- Develop new product ideas and discuss ideas and execution with relevant marketing, technical service and technology team
Ad 2. Identify and line-up New Business Opportunities
- Network and promote Elementis within industry, emphasize unique qualities and address needs of potential customers
- Contribute to a long term plan: which new markets, channels, regions, prospects, technologies, products, applications to target, including success rate, timing, required resources, financial investment and quantifiable gains
- Network and influence: establish trust and credibility from management and potential customers, present to management and other functions on business trends with a view to developing new services, products, and distribution channels.
- Research prospective accounts in targeted markets, identify decision makers, build relationships on various levels, plan persuasive approaches and pitches
- Create and present business cases for opportunities identified
Ad 3. Develop and enhance technical relationships with current and new customers
- Arrange meetings with technical and R&D teams at customers, understand their culture, their " pains & gains", their strategic direction and introduce the Elementis value proposition to better support their plans.
- Work with others within Elementis to deliver proposals that speaks to the prospect's needs, concerns, and objectives
- Initiate development and support the conversion of the prospect into a customer
- Handle objections by clarifying, emphasizing agreements and working through differences to a positive conclusion, thereby using a variety of styles to persuade or negotiate appropriately
- Collaborate with technology, marketing, product stewardship and sales to ensure that requirements are timely met
- Regularly analyse and report on plans, progress and achieved new business
- Ensure a smooth and complete handover of a new business opportunity to the regular sales organization.
Ad 4. Assist and support Sales from a technical capacity
- Provide after-sales support, visit customers, answer technical questions, help manage existing customers and ensure they stay satisfied and positive
- On request make presentations or training on solutions, products, technologies and services that meet or predict the customer's future needs, either at customers, trade shows or other events
- Manage, assess, and communicate customer technical complaints internally and the corrective action externally.
- Proactively provide analyses and accurate product recommendations to increase sales
- Apply knowledge, expertise, experience and network to make the sales team successful
- Develop training presentations, tools and programs with Marketing to train sales. The goal is to focus on promoting features/benefits and value proposition of the products and how to sell them in the market place
- Provide full and clear focus on the defined platforms and strategic products
Ad 5. Co-lead new product launches and other projects
- Lead or assist in the development of new products and support their market launch
- Ensure a smooth and complete handover of a new product to the regular sales organization
- Work closely with Technology, technical service and marketing on new product ideas, pipelines and commercialization
- Lead and/or participate in (multifunctional) projects for Coatings
- Identify and resolve issues, take corrective actions
- Drive, coordinate and track deadlines, deliverables, resources and timelines throughout the project and against the project plan
- Evaluate projects with customers, identify and analyze lessons learned
- Ensure proper (customer) project closeout and provide for plan to transition to daily operations which includes documentation, training, organizational readiness
- Transfer successes to other regions and clients
Additional Job Description
- Bachelor or Master's degree, preferably Chemistry, Chemical Engineering, Sales, Business or equivalent
- Minimum of 8 years experience in technical service, sales or R&D of which 4 years in the Coatings market and/ or experience working in lab environment supervising and/or running client focused projects
- Proven track record in developing and growing business and/or in successfully launching new products and commercialization of ideas
- Experience and understanding of financials
- Fluent in English, depending on region other languages are preferred
- Strong interpersonal skills, networking, communication and presentation skills
- Strong analytical skills, planning, prioritizing and realizing (long)term goals
- Shows dedication and passion, is self-starter, has high enthusiasm
- Is influential, engages, creates buy-in for ideas and motivates others
- Drives high performance, delivers on commitments
- Leads others through change and is able to deal with resistance
- Ability to prioritize and multi task in high-pressure, changing environment
- Passionate about hunting for new business, building and developing a business and cooperating with others
- Motivated by achieving results for the company through a sales team, rather than by direct, tangible results as individual
- The position requires regular domestic traveling and occasional international travel
- The position interacts with Sales in the regions and other Functions within Elementis
Elementis is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on a basis of disability.
If you are an individual with a disability in need of assistance at any time during our recruitment process, please contact us at . Please note: This email is reserved for individuals with disabilities in need of assistance and is not a means of inquiry about positions or application status. EEOC Poster
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, Elementis does not discriminate in hiring or in the terms and conditions of employment because of an individual’s race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, arrest record, citizenship or other category protected by federal, state or local laws.