At Nokia, we create technology that helps the world act together.
As a trusted partner for critical networks, we are committed to innovation and technology leadership across mobile, fixed, and cloud networks. We create value with intellectual property and long-term research, led by the award-winning Nokia Bell Labs.
Adhering to the highest standards of integrity and security, we help build the capabilities needed for a more productive, sustainable, and inclusive world.
Watch to discover how we create meaningful interactions to drive human progress.
About Network Infrastructure
The mission of the Network Infrastructure (NI) Business Group is to be the most trusted partner for the world's most critical network infrastructure. NI will respond to the ever-increasing demand for networks with higher capacity, greater reliability, faster speeds, and lower costs.
Job Position Description:
We are searching for a Silicon Photonics Design Engineer to engage in the research and development of silicon photonics integrated circuit technology. The candidate will take responsibility for the development process for complex photonic devices and systems-on-chip, from design through fabrication, testing and analysis. As a member of our silicon photonics design team, you'll be working alongside other experienced silicon photonics designers with strong records of delivering innovative photonic device designs and large-scale silicon photonics circuits.
Job Responsibilities & Competencies
* Lead or support the design of active and passive photonic devices and/or complex photonic integrated circuits and systems.
* Develop new design approaches and innovate on both device-level design and system-level optimization.
* Interact with fab partners.
* Contribute to test development and lead the test data analysis of your devices to correlate design with measurements.
* Collaborate with all other functional teams in the organization to deliver co-designed and co-optimized photonics systems.
Qualifications: (Education, Technical Skills/Knowledge)
* M.S. or Ph.D. in electrical engineering / physics / applied physics / similar quantitative fields.
* Solid programming skills in Python or C/C++.
* Good understanding of general concepts in physics, especially in optics or electromagnetics.
* Strong understanding of general concepts in fiber optics and integrated optics.
* Experience with designing or characterizing silicon photonic or other integrated optical/optoelectronic devices or circuits.
* Proficiency with optics design tools, such as Lumerical.
* Experience in photonic integrated circuit design, modeling and layout.
* Solid numerical and physics-related programming skills.
* Experience with high-frequency design and modeling.
* Experience in TCAD modeling.
* Experience with epitaxial growth and design.
* Experience with controls theory and implementation.
Imagine creating technology that has the potential to change the world. Working with us, you will have a positive impact on people's lives and help to overcome some of the world's most pressing challenges. We act inclusively and respect the uniqueness of people. At Nokia, employment decisions are made regardless of race, color, national or ethnic origin, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, marital status, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Nokia culture welcomes people as their true selves. Come create technology that helps the world act together.
Nokia is committed to building a skilled, diverse and inclusive workforce reflective of Canadian society. As a result, we promote employment equity and are an equal opportunity employer that attracts and hires talent regardless of age, race, creed, colour, religion, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, or any other legally protected grounds and will not discriminate on these bases.
Nokia is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to diversity and inclusion. At Nokia, employment decisions are made regardless of sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, race, ethnic origin, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship, age, marital status, physical or mental disability, genetic information or ancestry, protected Veteran or military status, or other characteristics protected by law. Nokia culture welcomes people as their true selves. Come create technology that helps the world act together.