As a Coordinator, RCA Records Executive Office, you will work in a fast-paced environment for a highly creative executive. You will be detail-oriented and extremely organized while interacting with all levels of employees within the organization. You will play a vital role in ensuring our executive is always up to date and organized to provide guidance, as needed, in a timely manner to ensure projects move forward. A passion for music is highly encouraged, with a couple of years of experience in an Assistant capacity.
This position is remote until further notice; some responsibilities listed below will be required when we commence in-person work in Culver City, CA.
What you'll do:
- Act as an all-around gatekeeper and strategically manage Executive's time with respect to priorities, goals, and objectives.
- Act as fast and efficient conduit between Executive team, staff, artists, and contacts.
- Schedule internal, external meetings (both in-person and Virtual); book travel and accommodations (includes domestic travel, international travel, and multi-city trips)
- Process travel and entertainment expenses
- Manage executives schedule (sending reminders and Teams/ Zoom links, locations, and/or dial-ins for upcoming meetings, working with time zones when the executive is traveling, or meeting with others in different time zones)
- Proactively prepare the executives for meetings
- When requested, join executive in meetings - taking notes, creating and sharing "next steps" documents, and following up with responsible parties to ensure tasks are completed as agreed upon
- Manage executive's email (writing and answering emails; following up on, and keeping track of, important conversations and invites)
- Maintaining Executive's call list and keeping track of various "To-Dos"
- Send executive a summary end of the day of the next day's schedule snapshot
- Maintain strong working knowledge of artist roster, employees, and important external contacts
- Compile, manage and keep track of all music (demos, roughs, mixes, etc.) in Box or other appropriate systems
- Partner closely with other executive assistants on organizing Executive team
- Exercise discretion when patching calls, rolling calls, and interrupting meetings
Who you are:
What we give you:
- You have 2+ years of Assistant level experience
- You have a history of thriving in a fast-paced environment
- You possess a "can-do" attitude and passion for the music industry
- You have direct knowledge of the Los Angeles area and local hot spots/restaurants
- You thrive in a hyper creative space (inclusive of but not limited to A&R, Marketing, Music Industry)
- You are an excellent communicator and enthusiastic collaborator (this role will act as an -intermediary between Executive and staff, artists, and other high-profile figures)
- You adapt quickly to a changing environment with minimal disruption
- You understand priorities and timely with follow up; with flexibility outside of "regular" business hours
- Knowledge of MAC computer software
- You join an inclusive, collaborative and global community where you have the opportunity to fuel the creative journey
- A modern office environment designed to foster productivity, creativity, and teamwork
- An attractive and comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, vision, life & disability coverage, and 401K + employer matching
- Voluntary benefits like company-paid identity theft protection and resources for pets, mental health and meditation resources, industry-leading fertility coverage, fully paid leave for childbirth or bonding, fully paid leave for caregivers, programs for loved ones with developmental disabilities and neurodiversity, subsidized back-up child and elder care, and reimbursement for adoption, surrogacy, tuition and student loans
- We invest in your professional growth & development
- Time off for a winter recess
Sony Music is committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all persons regardless of age, disability, national origin, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, veteran or military status, marital and civil partnership/union status, alienage or citizenship status, creed, genetic information or any other status protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.