Sorenson Communications, LLC. offers Video Relay Service (VRS), which gives Deaf, who use American Sign Language (ASL), and hearing people the option to communicate in their preferred language - either ASL or spoken English or Spanish. Sorenson also provides onsite and remote interpreting services between English and various other world languages.
- Cell phone and tablet provided
- Mileage reimbursement
- Remote work
- Hourly rate plus piece rate
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsible for traveling to customer homes and businesses performing VRS training, service calls and new installations of Sorenson equipment in their assigned area.
- Educate new and existing customers on how to use the features & the benefits of SVRS services and products.
- The Outreach Trainer may participate in events with the Sales/Outreach and Marketing groups at educating institutions, customers and organizations as to the benefits of Sorenson VRS.
- Participate in seminar and training sessions with deaf constituents on using Sorenson services to communicate with hearing constituents.
Local Daily Travel Requirements: 50-75%
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Extensive experience in installing Sorenson VRS equipment, providing customer service and be expert in all types of videophone and network installations including T1, DSL and High-Speed Cable Internet. T
- Must also have excellent written and ASL communication skills.
- Have daily access to own transportation; be willing and able to provide required documentation including insurance, registration, etc.
- Be willing and able to travel long distances by automobile or airplane and stay overnight.
- Have excellent computer skills and understand the Internet, routers, hubs, switches and how to install them.
- Have & maintain personal high speed Internet connection at place of residence.
- Must have Sorenson Communications selected as their default provider (with an active Local Number) for work VP and mobile devices.
- Have understanding of firewalls and be able to work successfully with IT and Network Administrators to open the required ports for Sorenson's equipment.
- Be fluent in American Sign Language.
Working Conditions and Physical Requirements
- Must be a team player and have a positive attitude.
- Be able to lift 50 pounds and sit for long periods of time.
- Other duties as assigned.
This position has access to highly confidential, sensitive information relating to the employees, customers, and technologies of Sorenson Communications and CaptionCall. It is essential that applicant possess the requisite integrity to maintain the information in strictest confidence.
Apply today! www.sorensonvrs.com/svrs_careers
Equal Employment Opportunity:
CaptionCall and Sorenson Communications are an EOE, Disability/Age Employer.