Elementis offers performance-driven additives that help create innovative formulations for consumer and industrial markets, including Personal Care, Coatings, Chromium, Energy and Talc. Finding opportunities to enhance our customers' performance is at the heart of what we do-and has been for more than 175 years. We own unique raw materials, including the only high-grade hectorite mine in the world, and a leading source of high-purity talc. With our advanced technical solutions, we transform those materials to become innovative, performance-enhancing products for our customers. Elementis is a UK-listed global specialty chemicals company with operations worldwide and employs over 1,300 people at more than 30 locations worldwide.
Job Description SummaryThe Strategic Sourcing Manager is an integral part of the Global Procurement organization, reporting to the Regional Procurement Director. The individual will partner with Procurement colleagues as well Sales, Finance, R&D, and Manufacturing to drive long term sustainable cost reduction and minimize supply risk across the organization.
The incumbent will implement and follow Elementis' procurement processes and procedures. The position will be responsible to manage direct spend of $80 - 120 Million in materials and packaging. They will do this though detailed category analysis of all spend categories, suppliers, and their various supply chains. The goal of this position is to implement the most efficient and secure sourcing processes at optimal cost to Elementis.
- Analyze Elementis requirements, and work collaborative with Commercial, Technical, and Manufacturing colleagues to clearly understand internal business requirements, as well as future growth plans. Translate Elementis requirements into long term strategic supply plan which optimize cost and supply risk.
- Directly manage key strategic supplier relationships, including leveraging supplier capability across the Elementis network, and continuously increasing the value add provided by supplier.
- Identify new sources which offer Elementis lower cost and/or risk. Work collaboratively with technical and operations teams to qualify new sources.
- Negotiate and execute long term supply contract ensuring favorable terms.
- Optimize working capital through supplier management including inventory management strategies and extended pay terms. Seek opportunities to consolidate spend across several plants were possible.
- Identify and lead cross functional long-term cost improvement projects including but not limited to supplier development, insource/outsource optimization, usage reduction, and process efficiency improvements. This will also include developing or enhancing processes that drive long term success.
- Serve as Procurement process functional experts coaching others in procurement processes and systems.
- Ensure the highest possible ethical standards are maintained with regard to supplier relationships and sustainability goals.
- Manage master data for safety stocks, lead times, lot sizes, stocking locations in accordance to established replenishment and time fence policies as well as global supply strategies.
Additional Job Description
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering with 10 plus years of relevant experience in the chemicals industry.
- Extensive and proven experience managing strategic supplier relationships
- Demonstrated Process improvement skills.
- Demonstrated ability to influence stake holders.
- Ability to effectively work and communicate in matrix organization and bring numerous groups (Sales, Manufacturing, Finance) together to execute and optimize business strategies.
- Able to understand and think strategically and implement long term plans; can handle both long term and short term goals simultaneously.
- Strong systems/ERP (JD Edwards preferred).
- Understanding of business environment and relevant industry issues.
- Bias towards action
- Strong process orientation
- Up to 50% travel to the manufacturing sites (North and South America) the first year; then 20-25% travel
Multinational sourcing experience
Background knowledge of chemical processes
High level of customer knowledge
Firm grasp of contracts and purchase order terms and conditions
Elementis is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on a basis of disability.
If you are an individual with a disability in need of assistance at any time during our recruitment process, please contact us at . Please note: This email is reserved for individuals with disabilities in need of assistance and is not a means of inquiry about positions or application status. EEOC Poster
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, Elementis does not discriminate in hiring or in the terms and conditions of employment because of an individual’s race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, arrest record, citizenship or other category protected by federal, state or local laws.