Requisition ID: 10222
Title: Machinist II
Global Grade: Hourly
FLSA status: Non-Exempt Hourly
- Shows a willingness to work beyond assigned duties and follow an extensive departmental cross training program in saw operation, plasma torch, waterjet, shear/brake, and/or lathe for advancement.
- Possess the ability to learn how to use and run all machines, especially the saw, torch, plasma cutter, and/or waterjet, and complete assigned tasks without rework or scrap.
- Able to differentiate grades of steel as well as lengths and sizes of material each different structure requires. Learn to perform daily inspections of all materials to be cut for defects.
- Makes good use of drop-off material for smaller projects while keeping work area safe and tidy.
- Understand placement and positioning of material in machines to maintain proper angles and lengths.
- Must keep material cut effectively ahead of production schedule to allow for impact of schedule changes.
- Ability to stage materials to be cut and stage cut parts to be delivered.
- Ability to learn how to adjust the basic machine performance
- Ability to perform mathematical functions.
- Use hand tools, sanders, and grinders.
- Unload trucks of incoming steel. Move aluminum or steel on and off racks manually or with crane.
- Operate saw, plasma torch, and/or waterjet as well as cranes safely and properly.
- Ability to troubleshoot basic machine issues.
- Take steel orders from schedule and cut them correctly according to directions.
- Deliver designated parts to appropriate areas. Keep parts bins full of cut parts. Use forklift, if needed.
- Maintain and perform basic daily and weekly cleaning and service of machines with assistance.
- Weight lifted: max. 150lbs, min. 50lbs; Weight pushed or pulled: max. 500lbs, min. 10lbs. Average size of aluminum or steel plate: 72" x 144".
Requirements (education, experience, travel, physical, work environment):
- Must possess a HS Diploma, GED or equivalent
- Must be able to read and understand English
- Must be able to work a computer.
- Must be able to climb, twist, bend, stoop, stand, squat, and grasp.
- Must have use of hands and be able to work over-head.
- Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds.
Qualifications - Preferred :
- Experience in driveshafts and balancing of drive shafts
REV Group is committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity. The Company conducts all employment practices without regard to race, sex, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran's status, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation or any other basis prohibited by law. REV Group also undertakes affirmative action to assure equal employment opportunity for minorities and women, for persons with disabilities, and for protected veterans.
NOTICE FOR CALIFORNIA RESIDENTS
Effective January 1, 2020, pursuant to the California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018 (as amended, the "CCPA"), if you are a California resident, you may have certain additional rights. Please click on the for a description of those rights and how California residents may exercise them.