|Job Title||Union Project Manager|
|Location||Hauppauge, NY, US|
|Organization Name||7545 Hauppauge, NY - Avon|
WESCO is known for the best service and the best people, always going above and beyond to provide top-notch service to our customers. As a leading global provider of supply chain solutions, WESCO's goal is to ensure that our customers have the products they need, when and where they need them - whether that is on a construction site or in a manufacturing plant. We back up those products with proven expert services that help companies increase efficiency and productivity, reduce costs, create safer workplaces, and achieve sustainability goals. If this is a culture you want to be a part of, we invite you to join WESCO, a place where inclusion and diversity is valued and continuous improvement is a way of life.
Responsible for coordinating activities of project team, identifying appropriate resources needed, and developing schedules to ensure timely completion of large projects.
* Directs and manages project development from beginning to end.
* Defines project scope, goals and deliverables to support business goals in collaboration with senior management and stakeholders.
* Develops full-scale project plans and associated communications documents.
* Communicates project expectations to team members and stakeholders.
* Liaise with project stakeholders on an on-going basis.
* Estimates resources and participants needed to achieve project goals.
* Develops employees to be self-sufficient in continuous improvement tools.
* Functions as leader for continuous improvement events.
* Aligns activities with corporate goals around safety, quality, delivery and cost.
* Performs root cause analysis on gaps, identifies waste, and works with leadership to drive sustainable corrective action.
* Drafts and submits budget proposals, and recommends subsequent budget changes.
* Negotiates with other department managers for acquisition of required personnel.
* Determines and assesses need for additional staff or consultants and makes appropriate staffing adjustments during project cycle.
* Sets and manages project expectations with team members and other stakeholders.
* Delegates tasks and responsibilities to personnel.
* Identifies and resolves issues and conflicts within project team.
* Identifies and manages project dependencies and critical path.
* Plans and schedules project timelines and milestones using appropriate tools.
* Tracks project milestones and deliverables.
* Develops and delivers progress reports, proposals, requirements documentation, and presentations.
Manages changes in project scope, identifies potential concerns, and devises contingency plans
Direct work in a large-scale project management capacity, including all aspects of process development and execution - 3 years required; 5 years preferred
Bachelors' Degree in Business or related required
Business and management principles, including strategic planning, resource allocation, and production methods
Proven ability to oversee people and processes to achieve objectives
Ability to build strong business relationships with other functional areas to best support mutual objectives
Strong problem-solving skills and ability to analyze workflow and processes to provide excellent service to internal and external customers
Interpersonal, conflict management, and negotiation skills required, including strong human relations skills to supervise and develop assigned employees effectively.
Adept at conducting research into project-related issues and products
Abilty to learn, understand, and apply new technologies
Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks
Strong written and verbal communication skills
Strong computer skills
General Office - Work is generally performed within an office environment, with standard office equipment. Lighting and temperature are adequate and there are no hazardous or unpleasant conditions caused by noise, dust, etc.
Work is generally sedentary in nature, but may require standing and walking for up to 10% of the time.
Employee required to walk long distances repeatedly throughout the day.
Employee required to sit and drive a vehicle to perform their job.
* Employee required to organize and coordinate schedules.
* Employee required to analyze and interpret complex data.
* Employee required to calibrate precise measurements.
* Employee required to problem-solve.
* Employee required to communicate with the public.
* Employee required to manage other employees.
At WESCO, we offer a competitive compensation and benefits package including medical, dental, vision, life, AD&D, paid time off (PTO), 401k, tuition reimbursement, STD/LTD, Legal assistance and more.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER WESCO International, Inc., including its subsidiaries and affiliates ("WESCO"), is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. It is the policy of WESCO to not discriminate against any job applicant or employee based on age, race, religion, color, handicap, sex, physical condition, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status or any other protected status. This policy includes but is not limited to the following: recruitment and employment, promotion, demotion, transfer, compensation, selection for training including apprenticeship, layoff, or termination."
Press "Apply Now" below.
|Country||United States of America|
|United States of America|