Purchasing Manager - Direct Hire - Durham, NC / Providence, NC area
Duties / Responsibilities
DAVIS is currently partnering with manufacturing organization is actively seeking to hire a Purchasing Manager to run a team of 3 Purchasing Agents and Buyers. This role will coordinate with the planning/scheduling department to ensure all buying, ordering, supplier management are being executed on correctly, to ensure lead times are appropriate for both standard and custom orders. This may entail sourcing new vendors, negotiating contracts, identifying back up vendors, as well as formulating and implementing new SOPs in the department for more effective operations.
Salary Budgeted - 80-90k + bonus eligible
- Manage negotiations with key suppliers; Coordinate supply chain, including off shore suppliers; Lead quarterly supplier reviews
- Create departmental processes to ensure established inventory levels are maintained
- Manage the MRP system and processes; Utilize the EDI system for placing orders where applicable; Maintain, setup and update reports from various software applications
- Review obsolete and excess inventory quarterly to resolve potential issues; Adjust forecast monthly
- Ensure adequate inventory and supplies to meet customer needs; Assist in annual inventory and cycle counts; Maintain procurement records, reports and metrics
- Willingness to travel (10%)
- Bachelor's degree in Business or related field
- 8+ years experience in Purchasing, ideally in an manufacturing setting.
- 2+ years as a Purchasing Manager or Team Lead
- Ability to lead a team, while having hand's Purchasing Agent experience.
DAVIS Companies partners with the top employers locally and nationally. They choose us because of our reputation for finding high quality talent, fast, but also our experience for evaluating and representing the best candidates in the marketplace. We make every effort to provide updates and feedback to candidates at each stage of the process as we appreciate how stressful looking for a new role can be. Apply today and experience "The DAVIS Difference".