Skadden is looking for a Planning & Analysis Analyst to assist in all areas of business reporting and analysis, with a focus on annual budget preparation, quarterly forecasting and monthly monitoring and analysis. This position:
Participates in the monthly reporting process, makes recommendations and handles the implementation of process improvements.
- Investigates variances and provides support to local department managers and budgeters across the Firm.
- Develops an in-depth understanding of the data that is provided, understands where the data came from and determines the accuracy of the information.
- Provides consulting, project management, training and support across the Firm in all areas of budgeting, forecasting, variance analysis and financial report design, creation and distribution.
- Performs a variety of ad-hoc financial analysis across the Firm, as directed by the department Manager and Supervisor.
- Demonstrates effective interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills to facilitate effective work relationships with others.
- Develop and implement process improvement in reporting and budget activities and improve financial reporting accuracy.
- Continuous maintenance of Firm budget business rules in Oracle.
- Manages Firm resources responsibly.
- Complies with and understands Firm operation, policies and procedures.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.