GKN Aerospace is the world's leading multi-technology tier 1 aerospace supplier. With 50manufacturing locations in 15countries, we serve over 90% of the world's aircraft and engine manufacturers. We design and manufacture innovative smart aerospace systems and components. Our technologies are used in aircraft ranging from the most used single aisle aircraft and the largest passenger planes in the world to business jets and the world's advanced 5th generation fighter aircraft.
About the opportunity
GKN Aerospace is a global engineering business. Every time you travel by air almost anywhere in the world, it is likely that GKN is helping you on your way. We design, manufacture and service systems and components for original equipment manufacturers around the world. We are continuously evolving, pioneering new technologies and reinventing existing ones, stretching ourselves to bebetter in everything we do.
We are looking for people who want to make a difference, talented members with the skills and passions to become the best of the future in what they do.
As part of the sustaining engineering organization the Chief Engineer - North America supports multiple programs in the production or in-service (post Life Cycle Gate 7) phase, ensuring all Engineering activities recurring and non-recurring are provided to meet the needs of each program and the wider business objectives within North America.
The Chief Engineer reports hierarchically and functionally to the Head of Chief Engineering or Head of Sustaining Engineering and operationally to the Program Manager(s).
This role will be based in Santa Ana, CA. Relocation assistance will be provided.
* Managing Sustaining Engineering activities in the production or in-service phase (post Life Cycle Gate 7) of the program, to maintain and improve the safety, quality and performance of our products whilst meeting business objectives for cost and schedule.
* Achieving and ensuring (continued) Airworthiness of the Product Design in accordance with applicable Certification Specifications (Drafting and/or maintaining the Certification Plan including the PMCC; performing the delegated Tasks of the Office of Airworthiness; initiating Actions as a result of In-service Incidents / Accidents.)
* Acting as primary Focal Point for the External Customer for (major) Technical Issues
* Sustaining - Manage the Engineering support requirements for all Programs in production / In-service (Establish and maintain the sustaining engineering resource planning, form agreements with the Program Managers on the resources and budget required for each program, reporting on performance to sustaining engineering plan and budget)
* Responsible for ensuring Engineering Deliverables meet the applicable Technical Requirements (including Manufacturability, Quality, Certification / Qualification Requirements) against agreed Schedule and Cost Objectives.
* Implementation and Execution of Cost & Schedule Control of Engineering activities: NRC/RC Planning, Tracking / Control and Reporting through Earned Value Management (EVM).
* Responsible to report to Engineering Leadership through appropriate reporting structure, including reporting on defined KPI's for quality, governance and compliance, risk, cost and schedule.
* Support Program Management in the Execution of Program Risk Management by identifying (technical) Risks and determining associated Mitigation Actions
* Managing Change & Scope Control. Provides input to the internal Change Control Process, supporting PM in the Customer Change Control Board Process
* Ensuring Application of effective (Design-Build Team) Engineering processes in accordance with the relevant BMS/QMS and Best/Working Practices & Standards and encouraging a culture of continuous Improvement including Lean Initiatives, including
* Sustaining CE's to support CDR, and LCG (prior to LCG7) reviews to ensure planning for production and in-service support is considered according to the requirements of the LCG process. Also, ensure continued support to LCG process post LCG7.
* Engineering focal point for any Quality investigations, including Escapes, NoE, or any supporting RCCA activities
* When required, lead RCCA investigations on behalf of Engineering
* Sustaining CE's are responsible for managing and growing the off-load of Engineering (concessions) activities in support of business strategy and objectives.
* A CE/Sustaining CE can be delegated by the HoDo (VP Engineering) as the Engineering Representative for the BMS/QMS for a specific certified entity (A site/multiple sites). In this case the delegated CE will have responsibilities as part of the top management team for the certified entity in order to maintain the regulatory bodies requirements (eg. per AS9100)
* GKN experience
* Experience in dealing with related functions (Operations/Production, Sales/Customer Relationship Management, Supplier Management and Development).
* Management of complex Projects; ability to rationalise, assess and evaluate information that may not always be clear or mature.
* Project management, planning and organising skills based on recognised project management methods.
* Strong business and commercial Savviness. Sees new Opportunities to win (new) Business and also to reduce or avoid costs.
* Solid approach/understanding to the delivery and tracking of engineering tasks.
* Relationship building at Levels up to and including senior management level.
* Able to work with cross-functional Teams that will typically include (in addition to the Design Engineering Team) Operations, Manufacturing Engineering, Commercial. Procurement, Quality and Suppliers.
* Ability to clearly present data, reports and presentations to facilitate the decision making process at all levels of the business.
* Experience / understanding of regulatory / certification bodies and associated requirements (Very useful for this role)
* Having worked in multi-cultural, multi-disciplinary teams in an international setting.
* Experience with developing and coaching people.
* Ability to mentor and coach Engineers in the Delivery of their specific Task and supporting their professional Growth.
Diversity Inclusion and Belonging (DIB)
As a global engineering company, innovation is what differentiates us from our competitors and is central to our success.
A balance of cultures, ethnicities and genders help bring new ideas and creativity to GKN. We need people of different backgrounds, with different skills and perspectives to spark originality, imagination and creativeness in our teams around the world.
GKN is an equal opportunity employer.
We treat all our employees and applicants fairly and are committed to ensuring that there is no discrimination or harassment against any employee or qualified applicant on the grounds of age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, or veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Nearest Major Market: Orange County
Nearest Secondary Market: Los Angeles