Come create the technology that helps the world act together
Nokia is committed to innovation and technology leadership across mobile, fixed and cloud networks. Your career here will have a positive impact on people's lives and will help us build the capabilities needed for a more productive, sustainable, and inclusive world.
We challenge ourselves to create an inclusive way of working where we are open to new ideas, empowered to take risks and fearless to bring our authentic selves to work.
The team you'll be part of
The pandemic has highlighted how important telecoms networks are to society. Nokia's Network Infrastructure group is at the heart of a revolution to bring more and faster network capacity to people worldwide through our ambition, innovation, and technical expertise.
The wavelength-division multiplexing (WDM) product group is the world's number one producer of WDM equipment. This team is enabling the technology to further enhance network flexibility and operational automation in a very fast-growing and competitive environment. Currently, the shortwave wavelength-division multiplexing (SWDM) product group has an opportunity for a senior software developer in the 1830 Photonic Services Switch (PSS) embedded software development team.
What you will learn and contribute to
As part of our team, you will:
* Design and develop application software in C++ for the 1830 embedded software
* Participate in SW feature integration and validation
* Support validation, customer and product teams
Your skills and experience
* Bachelor's Degree in Computer Engineering, EE/ CS, or Computer Engineering or 5+ years of equivalent practical work experience.
* Experience developing application software in C++ software on carrier-grade products is required.
* Working experience on embedded system development platforms such as Linux or experience in developing application software that simulates real products is required.
It would be nice if you also had:
* Experience in developing applications for controlling optical components is highly desirable.
* Experience in developing drivers and applications to control HW components are highly desirable.
* Experience developing Python & Tcl/Tk (in addition to C++) is a plus.
* Experience in developing applications for encryption is highly desirable.
* Experience with Agile practices and processes.
What we offer
Nokia offers flexible and hybrid working schemes, continuous learning opportunities, well-being programs to support you mentally and physically, opportunities to join and get supported by employee resource groups, mentoring programs and highly diverse teams with an inclusive culture where people thrive and are empowered.
Nokia is committed to inclusion and is an equal opportunity employer
Nokia has received the following recognitions for its commitment to inclusion & equality:
* One of the World's Most Ethical Companies by Ethisphere
* Gender-Equality Index by Bloomberg
* Workplace Pride Global Benchmark
* LGBT+ equality & best place to work by HRC Foundation
At Nokia, we act inclusively and respect the uniqueness of people.
Nokia's employment decisions are made regardless of race, color, national or ethnic origin, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, marital status, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
We are committed to a culture of inclusion built upon our core value of respect.
Join us and be part of a company where you will feel included and empowered to succeed.