Sony Corporation of America, located in New York, NY, is the U.S. headquarters of Sony Group Corporation, based in Tokyo, Japan. Sony's principal U.S. businesses include Sony Electronics Inc., Sony Interactive Entertainment LLC, Sony Music Entertainment, Sony Music Publishing and Sony Pictures Entertainment Inc. With some 900 million Sony devices in hands and homes worldwide today, a vast array of Sony movies, television shows and music, and the PlayStation Network, Sony creates and delivers more entertainment experiences to more people than anyone else on earth. To learn more: .
Sony Corporation of America (SCA) is seeking a Manager, Tax & Accounting Technology Support for its SAP financial platform as well as support for data management, document management, and other Automation initiatives both inside and outside of the SAP system. The role will have responsibility as the SAP administrator for the SCA Finance, Accounting & Tax groups and will work closely with the SAP technical support team. This role will be based out of our NYC office.
- Work with the Director of Tax, Accounting & Technology to lead Finance & Accounting and Global Tax process improvement initiatives
- Create and write custom reports and complete data extraction in SAP using Report writer, Report painter and SAP BW
- Responsible for monthly data reconciliation in connection with Tax, Finance & Accounting
- Responsible for maintaining GL Account mapping in SAP
- Perform SAP troubleshooting in connection with SAP developers
- Identify process improvement opportunities within SAP and work with SAP developers to implement
- Provide governance of document management tools (i.e. maintenance of SharePoint and Network drives).
- Continuously monitor processes and update as needed to ensure efficiency
- Determine ongoing training needs then coordinate and/or provide training to end-users
- Monitor and address end-user challenges (both SAP and non-SAP tools)
- Work with stakeholders and end-users to gather requirements
- Bachelor's degree Computer Science, Information Technology or related field.
- Background in working on Accounting/Finance/Tax solutions
- Minimum of 10 years' experience implementing technology solutions to address business challenges
- Minimum of 5 years' experience with SAP within FICO and deep understanding of SAP processes and controls
- Must be able to provide guidance and leading practices as they relate to SAP, document management, and process automation
- Ability to understand complex problems and explain them in simple terms to business users
- Ability to identify process improvement opportunities and lead the implementation
- Ability to think creatively to employ technology including Robotic Process Automation (RPA)
- Able to align and help redefine a future state technology roadmap
- Must have strong attention to detail and organizational skills
- Must have strong analytical and communication skills
- Experience with data management and analytics (i.e. Power BI) preferred
- PMP and six-sigma certifications preferred
- End-user training experience preferred
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religious creed, sex (including pregnancy), gender, national origin, citizenship, ancestry, age, physical or mental disability, military status, status as a veteran or disabled veteran, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital or family status, genetic information, medical condition, or any other basis protected by applicable federal, state, or local law, ordinance, or regulation.
Disability Accommodation for Applicants to Sony Corporation of America
Sony Corporation of America provides reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in job application procedures. For reasonable accommodation requests, please contact us by email at or by mail to: Sony Corporation of America, Human Resources Department, 25 Madison Avenue, New York, NY 10010. Please indicate the position you are applying for.
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, legally protected physical or mental disability, protected veteran status, status in the U.S. uniformed services, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information or membership in any other legally protected category.